U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,161 posts, read 54,630,432 times
Reputation: 66601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Balderdash!! How the hell would you even have a clue of what an 'atheist lifestyle' is??

Here you are...this is a typical day for us.

0900. Wake up with dreadful hangover. Fart. Go back to sleep.
1000. Wake up again. Get out of bed. Sniff armpits to decide whether a shower is required.
1010. Shout 'Where the f*** is my tea' to wife.
1015. Drink tea and complain that there's not enough sugar in it.
1030. Walk naked to bathroom. If wife seen, shake penis at her making ‘Whoa’ sound.
1040. Look at manly physique in mirror and suck in gut to see if there are pecks.
1045. Admire size of penis in mirror, scratch privates and smell fingers for one last whiff.
1050. Get in shower.
1055. Wash face and armpits. Laugh at how loud farts sound in the shower.
1100. Wash privates and the surrounding area with wife’s face cloth, wash arse, leaving hair on soap.
1105. Shampoo hair. Make shampoo ‘mohican’ hairstyle. Pull back curtain to see self in mirror.
1110. Pee in the shower. Rinse off and get out of shower.
1112. Fail to notice water on the floor because the shower curtain has fallen outside the bath for the whole duration of the shower.
1115. Partially dry off, look at self in the mirror again, flex muscles and admire the size of penis again.
1120. Leave shower curtain open and wet bath mat on floor, leave bathroom light and fan on.
1125. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If wife is passed, pull off towel; grab penis, go ‘Whey hey baby!’ and thrust pelvis at her.
1145. Put on yesterday’s clothes.
1200. Fart and waft the air up to your face to see how bad it smells.
1205. Switch on TV, light cigarette and call for more tea.
1215. Drink tea and fall asleep in chair.
1415. Wake up and fart.
1430. Get lawnmower out of shed. Decide that it might rain some time in the next two weeks. Put lawnmower back unused.
1500. Go into town to ogle the girls coming out of the gym.
1600. Decide that ogling is thirsty work. Go into nearest pub to quench thirst.
1900. Get thrown out of pub.
2000. Fall through front door of house and demand to be fed.
2030. Switch on TV, light cigarette and call for more tea.
2045. Drink tea and fall asleep in chair.
2200. Wake up, fart and complain about the rubbish on TV these days.
2300. Take off clothes while sitting on bed and leave them in a pile on floor.
2315. Complain that there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things you have to do.
2330. Fart and fall asleep.


I guess when you've got heaven on earth, who needs religion?

Can you post a picture of the shampoo mohican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM
 
7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Reputation: 4388
probabley because athiesm is so much against the norm in america

also , americans dont do things by half

that said , i cant think of a single american celebrity athiest , christopher hitchens lived in washington but was a brit , dawkins is a brit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,394,022 times
Reputation: 3402
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
probabley because athiesm is so much against the norm in america

also , americans dont do things by half

that said , i cant think of a single american celebrity athiest , christopher hitchens lived in washington but was a brit , dawkins is a brit
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Jack Nicholson
Howard Stern
Bill Maher
Jodie Foster
Mila Kunis
Katherine Hepburn
Keanu Reeves
Lance Armstrong
Warren Buffet
Bill Gates
Morgan Freeman
Seth MacFarlane (creator of Family Guy)

Just a small selection of well-known American atheists/agnostics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM
 
197 posts, read 259,393 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Your welcome.

I was simply stating that many Atheists are of the hostile/ militant type including dedicated Atheist Organizations in the U.S. which would love nothing more to stomp out Christianity using tools of hate preaching , spreading vitrol thru the mass media , and mocking the Christian Faith thru defamation attempts.

Here's a buncha fine tolerant Christians?


WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH - WORLD'S MOST INFAMOUS CALVINISTS (1 of 8) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM
 
7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Reputation: 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Jack Nicholson
Howard Stern
Bill Maher
Jodie Foster
Mila Kunis
Katherine Hepburn
Keanu Reeves
Lance Armstrong
Warren Buffet
Bill Gates
Morgan Freeman
Seth MacFarlane (creator of Family Guy)

Just a small selection of well-known American atheists/agnostics.
bar hepburn ( who,s dead ) and bill maher , i was unaware of any of the above being athiest and with the exception of maher who says no one can know and merley finds the subject humorous rather than imperitive , not one of them goes around hitting people over the head about it like richard dawkins or christopher hitchens , this thread is about extreme athiests , if those actors were extreme , i think id have known they are athiest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
2,942 posts, read 4,394,022 times
Reputation: 3402
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
bar hepburn ( who,s dead ) and bill maher , i was unaware of any of the above being athiest and with the exception of maher who says no one can know and merley finds the subject humorous rather than imperitive , not one of them goes around hitting people over the head about it like richard dawkins or christopher hitchens , this thread is about extreme athiests , if those actors were extreme , i think id have known they are athiest
Well, you just said "I can't think of a single American celebrity atheist", you didn't say they have to be extreme in their views
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
 
7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Reputation: 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well, you just said "I can't think of a single American celebrity atheist", you didn't say they have to be extreme in their views
i didnt need to , the thread title informs people of the nature of the discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 AM
 
7,802 posts, read 5,283,771 times
Reputation: 2973
Yes because when you say one thing people should assume you mean something else. Not SURE that is how conversation works really.

However if you limit it to just "extreme" atheists I can not thin of ANY let alone american ones. You yourself mentioned Dawkins and Hitchens but I see no reason to label them extreme. Vocal maybe, but that is not synonymous with Extreme. Many people are vocal on many issues but we do not call them extreme.

So at this point it is not actually clear who or what you are actually looking for.

Also it is not really correct to call Hitchens "a brit". He was a full american citizen when he died. He did not just live there, he repatriated.

Sam Harris and Daniel Dennett are both american if that helps you though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2013, 06:32 AM
 
Location: 'greater' Buffalo, NY
3,067 posts, read 2,110,588 times
Reputation: 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The key there is many Christians . . . NOT God, Box. God is alive. God is love and God is growing through us and however many other species there are throughout the Cosmos with consciousness. In fact, I have been toying with an interesting hypothesis that may even be falsifiable. The expansion of the universe is due to the conversion of dark matter into consciousness (dark energy) within the galaxies.
Consciousness = dark energy? Let's hope you don't actually have a PhD, for you are a MORON
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 AM
 
Location: 'greater' Buffalo, NY
3,067 posts, read 2,110,588 times
Reputation: 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Balderdash!! How the hell would you even have a clue of what an 'atheist lifestyle' is??

Here you are...this is a typical day for us.

0900. Wake up with dreadful hangover. Fart. Go back to sleep.
1000. Wake up again. Get out of bed. Sniff armpits to decide whether a shower is required.
1010. Shout 'Where the f*** is my tea' to wife.
1015. Drink tea and complain that there's not enough sugar in it.
1030. Walk naked to bathroom. If wife seen, shake penis at her making ‘Whoa’ sound.
1040. Look at manly physique in mirror and suck in gut to see if there are pecks.
1045. Admire size of penis in mirror, scratch privates and smell fingers for one last whiff.
1050. Get in shower.
1055. Wash face and armpits. Laugh at how loud farts sound in the shower.
1100. Wash privates and the surrounding area with wife’s face cloth, wash arse, leaving hair on soap.
1105. Shampoo hair. Make shampoo ‘mohican’ hairstyle. Pull back curtain to see self in mirror.
1110. Pee in the shower. Rinse off and get out of shower.
1112. Fail to notice water on the floor because the shower curtain has fallen outside the bath for the whole duration of the shower.
1115. Partially dry off, look at self in the mirror again, flex muscles and admire the size of penis again.
1120. Leave shower curtain open and wet bath mat on floor, leave bathroom light and fan on.
1125. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If wife is passed, pull off towel; grab penis, go ‘Whey hey baby!’ and thrust pelvis at her.
1145. Put on yesterday’s clothes.
1200. Fart and waft the air up to your face to see how bad it smells.
1205. Switch on TV, light cigarette and call for more tea.
1215. Drink tea and fall asleep in chair.
1415. Wake up and fart.
1430. Get lawnmower out of shed. Decide that it might rain some time in the next two weeks. Put lawnmower back unused.
1500. Go into town to ogle the girls coming out of the gym.
1600. Decide that ogling is thirsty work. Go into nearest pub to quench thirst.
1900. Get thrown out of pub.
2000. Fall through front door of house and demand to be fed.
2030. Switch on TV, light cigarette and call for more tea.
2045. Drink tea and fall asleep in chair.
2200. Wake up, fart and complain about the rubbish on TV these days.
2300. Take off clothes while sitting on bed and leave them in a pile on floor.
2315. Complain that there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things you have to do.
2330. Fart and fall asleep.

as an atheist, this is about all I ever aspire to...cheers, and GL to Valencia in the 2nd leg v PSG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top