U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,469,918 times

Advertisements

Just an update from my original January post. I had a guy approach me at a DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) light rail station 2 weeks ago with a fake million dollar bill. Asked me if I knew Jesus. I took ahold of the fake bill and handed it back to him. He refused it. I crumpled it up in front of him and threw it on the train tracks and advised him that some people do not appreciate proselytizing in the public arena. I looked at the bill for a split second but didn't read what was on it. Has anybody seen these bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM

16,108 posts, read 17,935,404 times
Google is your friend

Million Dollar Bill

Quote:
The million dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. You broke God's Law, but Jesus paid your fine. That means He can legally dismiss your case. He can commute your death sentence: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus alone, and God will grant you the gift of everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:00 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,925,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Just an update from my original January post. I had a guy approach me at a DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) light rail station 2 weeks ago with a fake million dollar bill. Asked me if I knew Jesus. I took ahold of the fake bill and handed it back to him. He refused it. I crumpled it up in front of him and threw it on the train tracks and advised him that some people do not appreciate proselytizing in the public arena. I looked at the bill for a split second but didn't read what was on it. Has anybody seen these bills?

Yes...i have some authentic looking $20 bills like that. While the money amount is not authentic, the message sure is.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM

hmmmmm

Old 06-29-2012, 10:06 PM

242 posts, read 384,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Baptists are the worst. My condolences.

20yrsinBranson
Hummmmm, I'm in N. Carolina and am reminded of this almost daily!!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreison Rhodes View Post
Hummmmm, I'm in N. Carolina and am reminded of this almost daily!!

Well, Maybe The Lord is trying to get your attention so you can have a very pleasant eternity WITH him .

Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,222,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Well, Maybe The Lord is trying to get your attention so you can have a very pleasant eternity WITH him .

Hmmm, it seems like you're proselytizing, which according to the sticky at the top of this forum, is not allowed here.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Hmmm, it seems like you're proselytizing, which according to the sticky at the top of this forum, is not allowed here.
Im not 'proselytizing' for i dont recieve a commission check on the third friday of each month for mentioning the person of God . Afterall, the OP made reference to God didnt he ?! Theres nothing wrong with mentioning our Creator even if many people want to pretend he isnt necessary .

Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM

1,387 posts, read 2,168,576 times
Quote:
Im not 'proselytizing' for i dont recieve a commission check on the third friday of each month for mentioning the person of God . Afterall, the OP made reference to God didnt he ?! Theres nothing wrong with mentioning our Creator even if many people want to pretend he isnt necessary .
Are you completely clueless about how offensive this remark is?

Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,990,656 times
Quote:
Well, Maybe you are just hallucinating and trying to 'sell' others on your fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism