U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,195,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I never asserted that the ONLY evidence was from the Bible now did i ? In fact, every human being is well aware of the physical evidence around them and IN them that a personal designer, engineer, creator was responsible and that the silliness of accidents.,.
I'm truncating some of your blather, once read was enough. No, I am NOT aware of the physical evidence around me that supports the conclusion that a creator exists. The design argument was thoroughly trounced hundreds of years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,916,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
I'm truncating some of your blather, once read was enough. No, I am NOT aware of the physical evidence around me that supports the conclusion that a creator exists. The design argument was thoroughly trounced hundreds of years ago.
Quite the contrary ... to both that the design arguement was controverted 'hundreds of years ago' and that you dont see any physical evidence around you including such things as your incredible razor edge precise human anatomy. People are willing to resort to futile thinking in order to preserve their complete autonomy . Its always been that way and will continue to be. Essentially, it is a willful charade that many people choose all their lives.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,867,827 times
What razor edge precision are you speaking of? The human body is actually pretty damn inefficient in several important ways and is prone to all sorts of errors and mishaps. If I were a deity, I would be absolutely ashamed of creating such a thing.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
What razor edge precision are you speaking of? The human body is actually pretty damn inefficient in several important ways and is prone to all sorts of errors and mishaps. If I were a deity, I would be absolutely ashamed of creating such a thing.
Refer to Post # 130 because I have qualifications that a person must meet before I start listing a plethera of scientific evidences for a personal theistic Creator being necessary for what we have. But what you can do , is simply google 'Design Evidences for a Creator' which will give you compelling evidences providing you are an honest Seeker having a Mind that isnt wrought with biasm for atheism NEEDING to be true for personal philosophical reasons (ie: lifestyle choices and the like) .

As for the human anatomy, it is true that anamolies crop up with it due to the effects of sin having entered the world ...but that does not nullify the 60 some anatomical systems which DO work in perfect unison whereby each system needs to be made complete and fully functioning for it to work and for the other collaborative systems to work as intended for the expressed purpose of you being alive to enjoy the many wonders of life. It is willful futile thinking to force oneself to conclude that the ultimate NON PERSONAL source was a piece of pond slime allegedly popping into existence from dead chemicals from within our atmosphere ---- a real calculated probability of 1 in 10^40,000 th power chance based on the work of two modern British ATHEIST Scientists , Hoyle and Wicksramaghe . An atheistic worldview for origins requires so much faith that no one truly has. Its all about personal philosophical appeal , speculative imagination , and a willful suppression of reason and basic logic.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,359,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's try it this way....
Refer to Post # 130 because I have qualifications that a person must meet before I start listing a plethera of scientific evidences for a evolution being necessary for what we have. But what you can do , is simply google 'Evolutionary Biology' which will give you compelling evidences providing you are an honest Seeker having a Mind that isnt wrought with biasm for God NEEDING to be true for personal philosophical reasons (ie: lifestyle choices, inability to understand science, desperation for an afterlife, and the like) .

As for the human anatomy, it is true that anamolies crop up with it due to evolution, which explains the origin and changing of life so beautifully and perfectly that making up false Gods to fill in the blank is absolutely laughable to those who have even an elemetary understanding of biology. It is willful futile thinking to force oneself to conclude some imaginary deity created everything from nothing ---- a real calculated probability of non-existant, which is the work of ancient people who thought stars were the souls of dead ancestors, the sun revolved around the Earth, and that slavery was perfectly acceptable . A Christian worldview for origins requires so much faith that no one truly has, but desperate people try anyway. Its all about personal philosophical appeal , speculative imagination , and a willful suppression of reason and basic logic.
Fixed that for you!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM

I am afraid I am simply going to have to ignore your qualifications because they mean nothing to me coming from an intellectual inferior, not to mention one that has been infected with religion. My honest, seeking mind is what lead me away from religion, not toward it. Let's get one thing straight buddy: I am an atheist because there is absolutely no compelling evidence for any deities. None. Whatsoever. It has nothing to do with desiring any specific philosophies or behaviors or lifestyle choices, so you can cut that crap right now.

Your understanding of basic biology is so poor, I am not sure if I really want to get into this debate right now. No wonder you can believe the insane things you do when your understanding of the absolute basics of science is nearly non-existent. Anomalies are caused by sin? Are you serious? I thought they were caused by things like negative environmental factors (radiation, poisons) or by DNA damage, or similar. Shows what I know. And not only that, but you even reference the completely debunked concept of irreducible complexity to boot.

As for the odds of life, well, because I actually have a smidgeon of reason and imagination, I understand that the processes that ultimately led up to the beginning of life had been occurring for billions of years over a space billions of light years in diameter, containing millions of galaxies and probably billions of habitable planets. When you think of it that way, the odds of life arising become extremely good.

Also, it's almost unbelievable that you, a non-scientist with no background in any discipline, with a head full of unprovable delusions, has the audacity to tell US that we have a "willful suppression of reason and basic logic". Incredible. This is your mind on religion folks! Just say no!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Fixed that for you!
No, you 'fixed' that so unproven THEORIES of Macro Evolution/Abiogenesis/Materialism/Naturalism as a Worldview coincide nicely with the desired lifestyle choices atheists/humanists/heathenists enjoy thru no ultimate moral accountability .

Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 AM

434 posts, read 291,947 times
Quote:
Its going to be far better to want to know the Creator of our Universe, than to want to know him afterward . But , he does give you the choice of being hostile or not now.
Pascal's Wager; please don't mention 'choice' as if your faith offers any real choice; more like blackmail.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM

434 posts, read 291,947 times
Quote:
I never asserted that the ONLY evidence was from the Bible now did i ?
Technically speaking, the Bible isn't evidence either.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
No, you 'fixed' that so unproven THEORIES of Macro Evolution/Abiogenesis/Materialism/Naturalism as a Worldview coincide nicely with the desired lifestyle choices atheists/humanists/heathenists enjoy thru no ultimate moral accountability .
You make an even bigger fool of yourself by using the word theory in such a manner. What you're actually thinking of is a hypothesis. Real theories have enormous amounts of data collected over many years, that have been tested, tested, and re-tested, had multiple attempts at falsification (most important!), have been peer-reviewed, and many other things. Once all these things have been done then you have a theory.

And it just so happens that many of the "unproven theories" you people rail on about are some of the extensively researched and tested and well-supported of them all.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 07-09-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism