Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
The 'No Evidence' excuse is palatable only to those who dont want there to be a personal theistic Creator to ruin their unbridled fun .
Oh yes, I stopped believing in God when I found out he didn't approve of my weekly blood orgies and out of control PCP addiction. But it does fill my heart with warmth to know that if I do decide to return to him that he approves of me having a totally subservient wife who will do my bidding without question and he'll even allow me to stone her if she ever strays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 AM

434 posts, read 342,349 times
Quote:
The 'No Evidence' excuse is palatable only to those who dont want there to be a personal theistic Creator to ruin their unbridled fun , who arent interested in opening their eyes to the obvious evidence readily available for all to consider, who dont want to move their fingers for a simple google search for the evidence, who could care less about such miniscule things, who find it appauling to be OWNED by someone higher than Self, and who are willing to pretend that given enough time/matter/chance that anything can happen....even a material only Universe bringing forth such NON-material things like Human Consciousness, Mind, Emotions, Reason, Logic, Rationale, Love, Moral Oughtness , et al ultimately from rocks, dirt, planets, and a big fiery explosion . Do you still have your Pet Rock from the early 1980's ?! If that was before your time, do a simple google under it and discover the personality a Pet Rock enjoyed.

But hey...lets not allow silly considerations and willful charades like that to get in the way here .
There's no evidence for any of what you asserted, and quite a bit against. U mad bro?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,266 times
I can't say I blame the OP for feeling this. I think a lot of 'religious' people in general are using religion as a means of either taking advantage of others or pushing some wimpy political agenda, etc. In my opinion evanglicals come across as weak people on their own. That's why they hang in cults.

If you're going to live in the South, stay in the larger cities since most of the entire southern half of the USA is basically a cesspool. Southern culture is violent; I've spent time in the south when I was younger and can vouch for this. Combine that with the evanglicalism and it's no wonder that the whole place is a 'warzone in a church' as I like to call it. For the record, I've found that larger states overall like Texas and Florida, Georgia, New York, etc. tend to be at least a bit more tolerant overall. I drove from the Dakotas all the way down to AUstin, TX years back and Texas, even with the holy rollers and gun culture, came across as more tolerant overall versus Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska/etc. It might be because people in the larger states live better, I don't really know.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Houston has the world's largest atheist meetup group. (Redditors are not necessarily atheists)

Atheists Meetup Groups - Atheists Meetups

Top 10:

1.Houston Atheists
Houston, TX; 1737 members

2.The Phoenix Atheists Meetup Group
Phoenix, AZ; 1364 members

3.Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Brights/Humanists/Freethinkers
San Francisco, CA; 1302 members

4.Seattle Atheists/Agnostics Meetup Group
Seattle, WA; 1216 members

5.Minnesota Atheists Meetup Group
Minneapolis, MN; 1157 members

6.The Atlanta Atheists Meetup Group
Atlanta, GA; 1157 members

7.The San Diego New Atheists and Agnostics
San Diego, CA; 1079 members

8.Central London Humanists
London, United Kingdom; 1066 members

9.New York City Atheists Meetings
New York, NY; 1031 members

10.The Denver Atheists Meetup Group
Denver, CO; 1007 members

Dallas, Austin and San Antonio have large groups as well.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,389 times
Quote:
I wonder how clueless people who verbalize the excuse that 'God isnt necessary' is as an offense to the very Creator who fashioned them in his image and who set the Universe in motion.

It isn't offensive to him/her at all. The true Creator is far more intelligent than and nowhere near as uptight and childishly petty as your silly little desert tribal totem "god".

Your quack religion and Bible are far more offensive to the Creator.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
There's no evidence for any of what you asserted, and quite a bit against. U mad bro?
Its going to be far better to want to know the Creator of our Universe, than to want to know him afterward . But , he does give you the choice of being hostile or not now.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:09 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,389 times
Quote:
Its going to be far better to want to know the Creator of our Universe, than to want to know him afterward . But , he does give you the choice of being hostile or not now.
You don't know the Creator so don't speak as if you know his mind or desires.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
You don't know the Creator so don't speak as if you know his mind or desires.
The PERSONAL Creator of our personal universe and us as persons...has made himself known thru creation, thru his inspired word called the Bible, and thru the historical person of Jesus Christ who claimed to be this Creator. We all have a spiritual nature to our Being and the Creator gives us the freewill choice on what we do with that ; we can ignore it or we can use it. God is very knowable , is a very big reality in the lives of billions daily , and him keeping the universe and all the razor edge precise Physics Constants and Life Enabling Constants working in exact unision gaurantees that we take another breath. Pretending a Creator isnt necessary or not wanting him to exist because he is an affront to One 'fun' , is the biggest mistake imaginable which no one needs to make.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 AM

1,973 posts, read 1,937,745 times
Quote:
The PERSONAL Creator of our personal universe and us as persons...has made himself known thru creation, thru his inspired word called the Bible, and thru the historical person of Jesus Christ who claimed to be this Creator. We all have a spiritual nature to our Being and the Creator gives us the freewill choice on what we do with that ; we can ignore it or we can use it. God is very knowable , is a very big reality in the lives of billions daily , and him keeping the universe and all the razor edge precise Physics Constants and Life Enabling Constants working in exact unision gaurantees that we take another breath. Pretending a Creator isnt necessary or not wanting him to exist because he is an affront to One 'fun' , is the biggest mistake imaginable which no one needs to make.

that's called circular reasoning " it is true because the bible said so" why would an all powerful god reveal himself to a book which is filled with contradictions, genocide, mass murder, rape, advocates slavery etc and written by more than one unknown authors and have books canonized and others rejected?

now provide evidence OUTSIDE the bible

Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
that's called circular reasoning " it is true because the bible said so" why would an all powerful god reveal himself to a book which is filled with contradictions, genocide, mass murder, rape, advocates slavery etc and written by more than one unknown authors and have books canonized and others rejected?

now provide evidence OUTSIDE the bible
I never asserted that the ONLY evidence was from the Bible now did i ? In fact, every human being is well aware of the physical evidence around them and IN them that a personal designer, engineer, creator was responsible and that the silliness of accidents., time, and non intelligent materials could never produce what we have . Its just a convenient excuse so One can live as he/she likes never to be owned by anyone greater than Self.

I can give you much compelling scientific evidence of a personal theistic Creator having been at work , currently being at work to sustain all we have, and being absolutely necessary for a personal intelligent Cosmos ..and in fact, that happens to sum what i am : An evidential Christian Apologist. BUT, id like to know from you WHAT have you personally done to investigate further the obvious evidence that is all around you, HOW willing are you to surrender making yourself the 'god' of your life should you be shown the irrefutable evidence for the real Creator God , and IS it possible for you to bend your knee in humility to him being your personal Creator and to serve him and grow in a personal relationship to him ?

As to your other assertions about the Bible, etc...these are common misconceptions due to ignorance and an apriori commitment to atheism .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism