U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM

1,048 posts, read 1,199,996 times

Advertisements

New Sticky: RUDE AND SARCASTIC POSTS:

Well its about time.
Theist should get an infraction for even the slightest suggestion we are going to hell.
I mean, how rude.
I don’t sin and I’m not going to hell.
So come on non-believers, click on that little triangle and complain next time some theist comes on the AA forum and tries to sneak their rude beliefs of how sinful we are and that we are going to hell.

Cheers,
Aeroman

Last edited by Aeroman; 01-16-2012 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Yes I’m serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 PM

2,315 posts, read 2,476,895 times
I agree. I hope this includes a tighter clampdown on proselytizing also. It's getting old.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM

16,310 posts, read 14,812,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I agree. I hope this includes a tighter clampdown on proselytizing also. It's getting old.
A long long time ago, some guy scared of something invented a god to quell his fears, then he proselytized others about that god.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:43 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,414,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
New Sticky: RUDE AND SARCASTIC POSTS:

Well its about time.
Theist should get an infraction for even the slightest suggestion we are going to hell.
I mean, how rude.
I don’t sin and I’m not going to hell.
So come on non-believers, click on that little triangle and complain next time some theist comes on the AA forum and tries to sneak their rude beliefs of how sinful we are and that we are going to hell.

Cheers,
Aeroman
Eh.

Let those without sin cast the first stone. Unfortunately I couldn't be one of them. I have (usually in good natured way.) on occasion posted sarcastic posts at times. Sometime I can't help myself. It's just too easy. Granted my pokes could be considered offensive by anyone at any time. So it up to the Mods to decide. I'll try to be good. But every now and again I just won't be able to resist. But I make sure it not in a mean way.

As for those how call agnostic/atheist sinners.
Let me steal a lyric for slipknot's the "heretic anthem."

Quote:
if you're 555, then I'm 666
In other words I could careless what they think about me.

Last edited by baystater; 01-16-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
I fully intend to. And all other negative connotations about atheists, specifically referring to our lack of morals, etc., in any forum area.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM

11,328 posts, read 10,147,224 times
Why even care? Hell is an imaginary place; they might as well tell me I'm going to Narnia!

Although there is something wrong with a person who wishes eternal torture on another...

Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Why even care? Hell is an imaginary place; they might as well tell me I'm going to Narnia!

Although there is something wrong with a person who wishes eternal torture on another...
Agreed, and clearly there are many that believe such nonsense.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM

1,008 posts, read 748,221 times
Quote:

Given the extremely religious tone of the books, I'm surprised that nobody's commented yet on this particular point.

Well said!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 AM

633 posts, read 590,842 times
Quote:

Some believers hold to the idea that atheists CHOOSE their damnation by a lack of belief. There are of course those that do WISH that hell is where we go.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM

11,475 posts, read 8,199,449 times
But, but, sarcasm say it so well sometimes

OK, I do understand the edict but have also wondered why the roll-your-eyes icon ....click over there>>>>> to see the text description......is provided for use here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism