U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,564,018 times

Advertisements

...I'll continue to be a good person and as helpful as I can be without having to give up my hard earned money to thieves, believing in a fairytale. I'd buy a starving child or drunk a meal first. (get my drift?) Good and bad things happen to all of us whether we believe in god or not. It really all depends on how one decides to handle these situations. You can take it personal. Or just come to terms with the fact that life is rough, but interesting to say the least, and we all just NEED to be better to one another.

But if there is one thing I've learned in my 42 years... it's that us being better to each other is highly unlikely.

So I get this 'letter' today that reads on the FRONT of the envelope (exactly);

"This very old church loans this to you, to bless someone connected with this home. Then, it must go to another family that desires God's blessings. See letter inside...

One of the enclosed items is a paper 'prayer rug'. With an optical illusion, that reads on the bottom;

"Look into Jesus' eyes and you will see they are closed. But as you continue to look you will see His eyes opening and looking back into your eyes. Then go be alone and kneel on this Rug of Faith or touch it to both knees. Then please check your needs on our letter to you. Please return this Prayer Rug. Do not keep it."

Then you are instructed by another sheet that reads;

MAIL THIS PAGE BACK WITH THIS PRAYER RUG.

You then check all the boxes of the needs you need covered and mail it back with the prayer rug. Of course the last line of the 'need sheet' is as follows...

( ) Enclosed is my seed gift
to God's work of
$ .

Money, money, money. Send me your money and you'll be saved.

Just so everyone knows... I am who I am. I am not a label such as Agnostic. I am one of millions of human beings. I just choose to remove myself from a 'labeled society'. IMO, that is the first step to a peaceful existence. IOW... getting over our 'differences' enough to see how very much the same we all are.

But when all said and done, at least I know, when on my bed of death I will be at peace with my time in this life. And I hope you are too. Whether you sacrifice goats or believe in god.

Anyone else believe that this life has alot to do with the truly kind and enlightened learning to cope with who and what are not those things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 PM

32 posts, read 107,283 times
lol. i have received 1 of those it's actually cool! as for me even when i was an active church goer and practicing catholic, i dont really give any money during offerings. the church dont force you to give them money. but i think my not giving any money to church offerings is the reason why i am still not rich in my almost 4 decades of existence.... *cue karma chameleon by my lovely boy george*

Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM

39,056 posts, read 10,837,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
...I'll continue to be a good person and as helpful as I can be without having to give up my hard earned money to thieves, believing in a fairytale. I'd buy a starving child or drunk a meal first. (get my drift?) Good and bad things happen to all of us whether we believe in god or not. It really all depends on how one decides to handle these situations. You can take it personal. Or just come to terms with the fact that life is rough, but interesting to say the least, and we all just NEED to be better to one another.

But if there is one thing I've learned in my 42 years... it's that us being better to each other is highly unlikely.

So I get this 'letter' today that reads on the FRONT of the envelope (exactly);

"This very old church loans this to you, to bless someone connected with this home. Then, it must go to another family that desires God's blessings. See letter inside...

One of the enclosed items is a paper 'prayer rug'. With an optical illusion, that reads on the bottom;

"Look into Jesus' eyes and you will see they are closed. But as you continue to look you will see His eyes opening and looking back into your eyes. Then go be alone and kneel on this Rug of Faith or touch it to both knees. Then please check your needs on our letter to you. Please return this Prayer Rug. Do not keep it."

Then you are instructed by another sheet that reads;

MAIL THIS PAGE BACK WITH THIS PRAYER RUG.

You then check all the boxes of the needs you need covered and mail it back with the prayer rug. Of course the last line of the 'need sheet' is as follows...

( ) Enclosed is my seed gift
to God's work of
$ .

Money, money, money. Send me your money and you'll be saved.

Just so everyone knows... I am who I am. I am not a label such as Agnostic. I am one of millions of human beings. I just choose to remove myself from a 'labeled society'. IMO, that is the first step to a peaceful existence. IOW... getting over our 'differences' enough to see how very much the same we all are.

But when all said and done, at least I know, when on my bed of death I will be at peace with my time in this life. And I hope you are too. Whether you sacrifice goats or believe in god.

Anyone else believe that this life has alot to do with the truly kind and enlightened learning to cope with who and what are not those things?
Thanks for that. It makes a nice change from a string of atheists posting 'reasons why I don't believe in God'. This planet is plenty big enough for the two of us....any anyone else who is willing to step back and ask a few questions.

P.s if you didn't believe in God, why would you sacrifice goats?

Ah. Forgot about him.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 PM

30,332 posts, read 27,792,426 times
I get so tired of those letters and or emails coming to the house each week. I donít understand why they (others) continue to send me this stuff, Iím not wanting to be on their mailing list and I donít want to waste their time and energy. I will not participate in their actions. I can respect their personal feelings but leave me out of it. Thank you.

I try to be the good person I should be here on earth and I strive to help others who might be in need. But that is just being a good person perhaps being more christlike everyday than sitting in church one day a week and screwing everyone else the other six days. I do believe in Gandhiís quotes most of the time as they have real value when put to use. However I admit I donít know much about Gandhi himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism