U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:28 AM

37 posts, read 22,311 times

Advertisements

Can an atheist believe in evil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,155,288 times
I feel sorry for atheists.

I feel more sorry for Moslems. So many of them are earnestly seeking God, devoutly praying five times a day, faithfully following all the prescribed duties of good Moslems, and they have all been terribly deceived. It breaks my heart to see decent, sincere, God fearing people led astray.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

I feel more sorry for Moslems. So many of them are earnestly seeking God, devoutly praying five times a day, faithfully following all the prescribed duties of good Moslems, and they have all been terribly deceived. It breaks my heart to see decent, sincere, God fearing people led astray.
Paul said cursed are those who are still under the law. Religion can't save anyone. I feel badly for them too. They desperately need our prayers.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:35 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,409,149 times
Quote:
The more sympathy you profess to feel for atheists, the more affection you fancy your imaginary supervisor has for you. Good system.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
The more sympathy you profess to feel for atheists, the more affection you fancy your imaginary supervisor has for you. Good system.
It's okay to feel badly for those who are perishing.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM

39,207 posts, read 10,887,543 times
Quote:
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. We're over 100 mil already.
That is at least evidence that you Religion -apologists never listen and never learn. Hitler was not an atheist. He was not a churchgoer (he was the the Boss, not some church or other) but he believed in 'God'.

Most people seem to have learned this indisputable fact. Not you.

As for Stalin, Pol Pot and the other Marxists, their excesses were down their dictatorship, their ruthlessness their Marxist Dogma and their cult of the Leader. In North Korea, that has become a hereditary dynasty with all the trappings of a religion, so don't tell me North Korea is atheist.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,409,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon60 View Post

Which cute, li'l cherub do you want to look like?

(Artist: Jeff Raum)

I guess they're feeling sorry for all those perishing atheists down below.

Last edited by Tantalust; 11-09-2012 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,302,730 times
Quote:
Paul said cursed are those who are still under the law. Religion can't save anyone. I feel badly for them too. They desperately need our prayers.
You will find that quite a few of us Muslims were Christians at one time. We feel that it was through our prayers we were led to Islam. Do not feel sorry for us. We were granted what we had prayed for.

Most of us. perhaps all of us who accepted Islam did not do so because we turned against Jesus(as) but because we have very great love of Jesus(as). I worshiped Jesus(as) as a Christian, but it is through Islam I learned to follow what He taught.

I will prayer that you and all Christian. will be led to the truth.

Yes there are very evil people who the world believes are Muslim just as there are evil people who the world believes are Christian. One can not judge any religion based upon the actions of those who misuse it for their own gains.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:04 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,981,174 times
Quote:
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. We're over 100 mil already.
You put that up in defense of a god that during one of its tantrums killed 99.999999% of all life on the planet. It's spelled h - y - p - o - c - r - i - s - y.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM

17,203 posts, read 13,761,389 times
Quote:
This sums up why christianity is evil. At the bottom of all the love/compassion talk, is this contempt for those who don't believe as you do.

Time for your type of christian to grow up, and put decency ahead of fairy tales, and goatherder stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism