Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times

Advertisements

This reminds me of my favorite episode of Super Dave Osborne, the 3 Little Pigs sketch!

https://youtu.be/pKh6ALOHKe4?t=329
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 07:47 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5150 View Post
i'll be happy when atheists stop telling me how to live my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
stop living your life ignorantly.
lol. Boom!

Old 10-13-2017, 07:42 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Post thumper people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
told a bible thumper on numerous occasions to not to come to my door keep telling me it is there right to do so. so i called the local police and entered a harassment complaint and trespass person was not happy when the police told them next time the will go to jail and that goes for anyone from their storefront cult church. made my nite after over a year of this fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter. the po told him and her that their freedom of religion is also my freedom from.

Greeting
You know I had the same problem, these thumper people came do my door giving a type of medicine, they kept telling me is your right, they came my home once a week, well I told them stop harassing, or I call the police Its is my freedom to live without people telling me what my right is! Or to take any medicine, Well the local police told them on harassment complaint and trespass my home, these fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter, after the local police told them, they never came back, good riddance, weeks later my mom got sick, she was very ill, two months late since the experience, my mom die, my neighbor, was a church going people, they knew my mother was sick, they knew a very prideful person, they sent the medicine my mother needed, but I turn away, if I was not so prideful, my mom will have lived, now when someone come to my door I greet them to my home, now I ask only if may give me life

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-13-2017 at 07:59 AM..

Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting
You know I had the same problem, these thumper people came do my door giving a type of medicine, they kept telling me is your right, they came my home once a week, well I told them stop harassing, or I call the police Its is my freedom to live without people telling me what my right is! Or to take any medicine, Well the local police told them on harassment complaint and trespass my home, these fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter, after the local police told them, they never came back, good riddance, weeks later my mom got sick, she was very ill, two months late since the experience, my mom die, my neighbor, was a church going people, they knew my mother was sick, they knew a very prideful person, they sent the medicine my mother needed, but I turn away, if I was not so prideful, my mom will have lived, now when someone come to my door I greet them to my home, now I ask only if may give me life
And what medicine were they handing out? Insulin? Anti-biotics? What, exactly?

All human beings are temporary. If it were true that a religious belief (whether christian, muslim, hindu, buddhist, jewish) could prevent another human from dying, just about everyone would belong to that sect, and there'd be no need for religious door-to-door salesmen.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:20 PM

Post religious door-to-door salesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

All human beings are temporary. If it were true that a religious belief (whether christian, muslim, hindu, buddhist, jewish) could prevent another human from dying, just about everyone would belong to that sect, and there'd be no need for religious door-to-door salesmen.
Greeting
well religion is a separation for peoples belief, it's not the individual per-say it is a false god's they worship, or idol man-made, this a false deity, common with angelic being, which the naked eye cannot see, it's like you need a particular kind of satellite to see the invisible spectrum to see the universe, religion or religious belief is type of worship, if I like playing a video game, and love the character in the video game, this call worshiping a character, or as Hollywood actors for there success, it's worshiping, and religious belief is the same but, which the eye cannot see, passed down through tradition.
religious door-to-door salesmen is like giving life insurance, no man can give eternal life, their is a belief, that is not and I can't say, man not created to predestine to one life, but as a human yes, every man have a type of end.
belief is individual self character, or you can say your eternal soul, this a scientific fact, just do your research.
science is knowledge, and knowledge is wisdom, not anything to me that's religious belief just facts and truth
thank you

Old 10-15-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Greeting
well religion is a separation for peoples belief, it's not the individual per-say it is a false god's they worship, or idol man-made, this a false deity, common with angelic being, which the naked eye cannot see, it's like you need a particular kind of satellite to see the invisible spectrum to see the universe, religion or religious belief is type of worship, if I like playing a video game, and love the character in the video game, this call worshiping a character, or as Hollywood actors for there success, it's worshiping, and religious belief is the same but, which the eye cannot see, passed down through tradition.
religious door-to-door salesmen is like giving life insurance, no man can give eternal life, their is a belief, that is not and I can't say, man not created to predestine to one life, but as a human yes, every man have a type of end.
belief is individual self character, or you can say your eternal soul, this a scientific fact, just do your research.
science is knowledge, and knowledge is wisdom, not anything to me that's religious belief just facts and truth
thank you
Well, that's a lot of dancing around to not answer my question.

Just so you know, having been raised in a fundamentalist household, I have a darn good idea of what religion is.

Religion has never been shown to cure disease. Science has.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:30 PM

Post a fundamentalist household

Quote:
Well, that's a lot of dancing around to not answer my question.

Just so you know, having been raised in a fundamentalist household, I have a darn good idea of what religion is.

Religion has never been shown to cure disease. Science has.
it is just how you see things, if you thing the you can cure disease in your mind it may be possible, just seek what your mind can do, Religion is the mind noting more tradition, if one believe, them the mind will believe it, and as for miracle or some kind of intervention beyond believe, again is what the power of the mind can do, and cannot do, if you see something than that's miracle, it's up to you, Peoples! yes have very good ideas, depending in all you believe in, Religion is culture, if we did't have different culture in the would, than life would not be appealing, so what is the question, it is said one gives the right question, that may give the best answer, and you must remember, that every answers is just one, the rest is in many. And dancing around, it's just to kindle the mind

Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
it is just how you see things, if you thing the you can cure disease in your mind it may be possible, just seek what your mind can do, Religion is the mind noting more tradition, if one believe, them the mind will believe it, and as for miracle or some kind of intervention beyond believe, again is what the power of the mind can do, and cannot do, if you see something than that's miracle, it's up to you, Peoples! yes have very good ideas, depending in all you believe in, Religion is culture, if we did't have different culture in the would, than life would not be appealing, so what is the question, it is said one gives the right question, that may give the best answer, and you must remember, that every answers is just one, the rest is in many. And dancing around, it's just to kindle the mind
That's too much woo-woo for me.

And it is irrelevant to your original statement that your mother wouldn't have died had you let the proselytizers in.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:18 PM

Post no door-to-door salesmen

Quote:

Greeting
yes, no religion (christian, muslin, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, etc.) could prevent another human from dying, no man-made medicine, only that medicine may extend life but ultimate is death, yes temporary

but lets look at evil in the world instead no religious door-to-door salesmen, only should man getaway from , children in sexual desires immorality, wickedness, greed, malicious, hate, envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-minded, gossip, unrighteous,backbiters, violent, proud, boasters, evil things, disobedient to parents, discerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful, and unbelief.
Now no door-to-door salesmen just centuries of evil, facts and truth, is? there a medicine for evil ?

And what is the end of centuries of evil, and at what time, in your life time, yes man and women are temporary, who over look of mans progress centuries of evil. Do you think aliens or ?

Let be intelligent this, about human progress in the well-being of our fellow man!
even atheist believe in sometime every things that are temporary?

Who? answer for gunman from Las Vegas, he kill himself? Let be intelligent about this!

Remember sound questions provide answers

no door-to-door salesmen intelligent questions
peace

Old 10-17-2017, 04:21 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,082,762 times
If I see them coming, I ignore the doorbell, it is easy to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism