U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:37 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,419,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That's too much woo-woo for me.

And it is irrelevant to your original statement that your mother wouldn't have died had you let the proselytizers in.
Greeting
yes I do have some ideas about death, but are willing to listen just a view, but what I believe can be deep, facts and truth

woo-woo your funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 04:39 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,419,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
If I see them coming, I ignore the doorbell, it is easy to do.
be careful you could have won the lottery

Old 10-19-2017, 01:58 PM

39,273 posts, read 10,931,096 times
We all won the lottery. The problem is that some are persuaded to throw their winnings away on the assurance that Hank is going to give them a million dollars, after they leave town.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:45 AM

3,442 posts, read 1,265,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
told a bible thumper on numerous occasions to not to come to my door keep telling me it is there right to do so. so i called the local police and entered a harassment complaint and trespass person was not happy when the police told them next time the will go to jail and that goes for anyone from their storefront cult church. made my nite after over a year of this fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter. the po told him and her that their freedom of religion is also my freedom from.
Why be hostile to them? I love it when the JW's and Mormons knock on my door. I don't take my atheism door to door, but if these people want to come to my door and discuss religion, I'm in. They are inevitably polite and I am always polite in return. But I do have quite a lot to say on the subject of religion and I have consistently noticed that if I make a valid point to a religious person that they had never considered before, they invariably tend to get quiet. Which allows me to make even further points. They always leave unhappy even though I have entered into a discussion with them, which is exactly what they were hoping for. I am only sorry that they almost never return. I often go years between visits.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:59 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,159,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Why be hostile to them? I love it when the JW's and Mormons knock on my door. I don't take my atheism door to door, but if these people want to come to my door and discuss religion, I'm in. They are inevitably polite and I am always polite in return. But I do have quite a lot to say on the subject of religion and I have consistently noticed that if I make a valid point to a religious person that they had never considered before, they invariably tend to get quiet. Which allows me to make even further points. They always leave unhappy even though I have entered into a discussion with them, which is exactly what they were hoping for. I am only sorry that they almost never return. I often go years between visits.
Why be hostile to someone who repeatedly comes to your door after you have repeatedly asked them not to?

I think the answer is contained in the question.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:58 AM

583 posts, read 1,493,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting
You know I had the same problem, these thumper people came do my door giving a type of medicine, they kept telling me is your right, they came my home once a week, well I told them stop harassing, or I call the police Its is my freedom to live without people telling me what my right is! Or to take any medicine, Well the local police told them on harassment complaint and trespass my home, these fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter, after the local police told them, they never came back, good riddance, weeks later my mom got sick, she was very ill, two months late since the experience, my mom die, my neighbor, was a church going people, they knew my mother was sick, they knew a very prideful person, they sent the medicine my mother needed, but I turn away, if I was not so prideful, my mom will have lived, now when someone come to my door I greet them to my home, now I ask only if may give me life
wow just wow i know a few people that had their life destroyed by these people. and harassed to death by God-fearing neighbors, because of some sin they did in the thumpers eys, and there is no scientific fact to religion.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:04 AM

583 posts, read 1,493,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
it is when they keep knocking for 10minutes i go off on them. and had jw nieghbors that verbally attacked a ex gf of mine all because the found out she was bi yelling quotes and leaving hateful pamphlets for her. the husband got 90 days for trespass and violating an order of protrction. then he tried to sue her for violating his religious rights, to hate.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:28 AM

3,442 posts, read 1,265,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
it is when they keep knocking for 10minutes i go off on them. and had jw nieghbors that verbally attacked a ex gf of mine all because the found out she was bi yelling quotes and leaving hateful pamphlets for her. the husband got 90 days for trespass and violating an order of protrction. then he tried to sue her for violating his religious rights, to hate.
I have found that the easiest way of dealing with them is to attack and destroy their basic beliefs. I actually wish they would come back and discuss it some more, but they never do.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:48 AM

18,353 posts, read 8,271,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting
yes, no religion (christian, muslin, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, etc.) could prevent another human from dying, no man-made medicine, only that medicine may extend life but ultimate is death, yes temporary

but lets look at evil in the world instead no religious door-to-door salesmen, only should man getaway from , children in sexual desires immorality, wickedness, greed, malicious, hate, envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-minded, gossip, unrighteous,backbiters, violent, proud, boasters, evil things, disobedient to parents, discerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful, and unbelief.
Now no door-to-door salesmen just centuries of evil, facts and truth, is? there a medicine for evil ?

And what is the end of centuries of evil, and at what time, in your life time, yes man and women are temporary, who over look of mans progress centuries of evil. Do you think aliens or ?

Let be intelligent this, about human progress in the well-being of our fellow man!
even atheist believe in sometime every things that are temporary?

Who? answer for gunman from Las Vegas, he kill himself? Let be intelligent about this!

Remember sound questions provide answers

no door-to-door salesmen intelligent questions
peace
You say this as if you know what it means.

But your posts here don't evince either sound questions or sound answers. You're just floating around contradicting yourself, saying nothing definitive, and apparently thinking you are saying something profound.

You're not.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:25 AM

15,527 posts, read 12,198,729 times
I don't have THAT problem as much as I do from young men wanting something...
the religious know my house by now has plenty of signage...No trespassing, soliciting, religious flyers, politicians and much more, prof on metal...people take photos of my gate sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism