Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM

584 posts, read 1,935,399 times

Advertisements

told a bible thumper on numerous occasions to not to come to my door keep telling me it is there right to do so. so i called the local police and entered a harassment complaint and trespass person was not happy when the police told them next time the will go to jail and that goes for anyone from their storefront cult church. made my nite after over a year of this fool pounding on my door like it was a life and death matter. the po told him and her that their freedom of religion is also my freedom from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Good move.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
I did something similar on a road in Ireland. I was walking down one of the busier streets, Grafton Street, and was approached by someone selling one form of religion or another. I indicated politely I had no interest and moved to step around him and proceed on my way.

He started making some comments about how I was therefore likely to go to hell and suffer eternal pains and torments and the like. I simply walked up to a police officer... told him the man was illegally touting his wares... and was threatening pain and more to those who did not buy them.

I do hope he enjoyed that ride in the police car which then followed.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,913,566 times
Now i live in the south.
Do I have to say anything more?
I am a heathen living in the land of god.
It's a beautiful Wednesday morning and my
hubby and I are sitting out back enjoying my
morning coffee, we rarely get this chance.
A car drives up our stone driveway.
OMG. Jehovah's are here again.
The last time they left that stupid thing on our
doorknob. I know it's them.
He runs out yelling at them to go away.
They get back in the car and leave right away.
I will tell you one thing, if you live in South Carolina
and the owner runs out to tell you to leave, YOU LEAVE.
That's the southern way, religion or no religion.
I have to come up with another way to discourage them,
just not too obvious, my hubby wants to run out naked next time.
I told him that's not a good idea, I will come up with something else.......

Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 AM

there should be a law many areas any type of soliciting the person needs a permit. do it to them to but each person knocking needs their own 400. file fee then 100. a month for said permit then then the town starts a no knock list that the church must buy every 3 months for the update set the list price at 400. and each person that goes knocking must have their own copy. on them if they don't 500 fine, and if they knock at a no knock address 1000. fine would cut down on unwanted god salesmen. and would make many small towns needed cash. and would not hurt their freedom of religion just make it so it would cost the to push it on us.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,052 times
Another good tactic is to politely ask the intruders their name and address. When they ask "Why?", tell them that you want to come over and talk to their children about Wicca, or Satanism, or Islam, or WHATEVER. They will never be back.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Another good tactic is to politely ask the intruders their name and address. When they ask "Why?", tell them that you want to come over and talk to their children about Wicca, or Satanism, or Islam, or WHATEVER. They will never be back.
they work too. but with my plan you can use the money for kids sports meals on wheels or the like so when some ones says they would like to thanks jesus for well in a way he did help with it lol

Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
Gotta admit it, this ^ is genius! I could never tire of this, probably die of/in laughter.

God I love it.

+1

Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
I live in Mississippi with my partner. When they knock we answer together, and ask what their churches position on homosexuality is. We're down from a visit every other week to no visit in over two months.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
I have a long driveway with a gate, on the gate is a sign that reads, No Trespassing, No Hunting, No Soliciting, No Religious People. Violators will be shot on sight, survivors, shot a second time................. Have no problem with religious people trying to visit my place....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism