U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,345,435 times
Reputation: 13682

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah888 View Post
Strong atheism helds, that most probably nothing beyond the " natural " universe exists.
Please present good reasons to support that claim.
Positive evidence means, strong atheism must stand on its own feet, without religion bashing etc.
Nope ... I am comfortable in my disbelief. I feel no need to justify it to you or anybody else.

 
Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,196,783 times
Reputation: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
That isn't Occam's Razor.

I think the name you are looking for is Marcello Truzzi and Carl Sagan.
Sorry, I was making two points, just couldn't be bothered wasting extra words on someone who wasn't going to read them.
 
Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 PM
 
32,581 posts, read 16,664,786 times
Reputation: 17514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
The classic burden of proof cop out by sophomoric atheist debaters is getting tired.
Non-existence is the null hypothesis, correct?

Quote:
There is evidence for a creator. People who deny this, just refuse to accept said evidence. I do acknowledge that faith is involved.
Cool. Then the debate is over, as far as this empiricist is concerned.
 
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM
 
32,581 posts, read 16,664,786 times
Reputation: 17514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
What was god doing before the beginning?
Preparing Hell for people who ask questions like that, of course.
 
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 PM
 
98 posts, read 58,911 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I have no evidence for the lack of a god. But it seems a perfectly reasonable default position. .
why should it be reasonable ? i think its totally irrational. Please show me i am wrong.
 
Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
 
98 posts, read 58,911 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I disagree. It has always existed.
and you know that how exactly ?
 
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
 
1,639 posts, read 1,568,220 times
Reputation: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Thanks for posting your story. I am sincerely glad that religion is helping you with your life.
Thank You.

Although I don't see it as religion. Religion carry's with it a feeling that you are obligated to do something. I don't have to do anything.
 
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
 
1,639 posts, read 1,568,220 times
Reputation: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Sorry, I was making two points, just couldn't be bothered wasting extra words on someone who wasn't going to read them.
I understand.
 
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 AM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,609 posts, read 4,117,121 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah888 View Post
and you know that how exactly ?
Sorry. I should have said that I believe the Universe has always existed.

Of course, it doesn't matter. I am just happy it exists right now.
 
Old 01-12-2013, 03:30 AM
 
Location: Sitting beside Walden Pond
4,609 posts, read 4,117,121 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Religion carry's with it a feeling that you are obligated to do something. I don't have to do anything.
Yeah, some religions like Islam and Judaism have a lot of rules to follow.

If you don't like rules, make up your own religion. That's what others have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top