U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM

17,966 posts, read 12,959,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Olympian Stupidity.
Really? How so?

Old 04-07-2013, 05:21 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,413,508 times
Olympian: nonpareil, definitive, superlative, paradigmatic, etc. etc.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM

"Dinosaur and Human Tracks Found Together, Page 3"

Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM

The Egyptians depicted long necked dinosaurs:

Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM

Bible Facts:

Humans used to be really funny looking:

How can Noah's Ark being even remotely plausible?-biblical-truth.jpg

Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM

They still look funny:

Now we return to our regularly scheduled topic: Noah's ark, is it remotely plausible?

Well, yes, of course it is.

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-07-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Good for you. Now, go work on a nice jigsaw puzzle or something.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 AM

39,273 posts, read 10,931,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
AREQUIPA,
I'm curious what you think about this: Evidence Dinosaurs Lived With Man (And Yes, Went On Noah's Ark) - Top Ten Proofs

I don't agree with everything they say on this web site like the earth being a young earth. I certainly don't believe God created the earth 6 or so thousand years ago. He made it habitable again for life back then.
Sorry for the delay, computa problems again. Now that article is not very specific. It makes a lot of take-it -as-true -claims which are so loose that I couldn't easily relate them to matters that had come up. I seem to identify the T Rex soft tissue which turned out to be fossilized soft and the Hadrosaur Mummy which was again a stone fossil, but of the skin tissue as well as the bones - the explanation was that it was the half -rotted or eaten body that got encased by mud,not just the bare skeleton as is usually the case.

What this means is that the source you quoted in poor.

Now, having said that, I see that you have jumped feet -first into the 'Explain this!' (picture of ta Phrom Stegosaur) method of argument. Could I ask whether you have now decided to embrace Dinosaurs lived with Men -up to recent times (which means that they had to be on the ark)?

I am sure we are all looking forward greatly to yet another torrent of representations of Mythical beasts proving that Moses had a pet Camptosarus which accompanied him across the desert.

I have to say that some of these are bothersome. The Ta Phrom carving looks more like a Stegosaur than anything else and the hadrosaur rock -paintings don't look like anything else. On the other hand, The ica stones have to be fakes and were admitted to be so by the faker - a claim dismissed by Dinosaurs -lived with men fanciers.

Despite some apparently convincing story confirming their genuinine-ness, the Acambara figurines seem to be also fake as I was bothered that no others have ever been found anywhere else and this cache was not even damaged. Further, I gather that Rifleman got hold of one or two and checked the supposed Fluoride -test date and showed them to be recent.

That said, there is a possibility of living fossils - survivals from ancient times with only 'micro -evolved' changes. King crab from the Cambrian, Ammonites from Devonian, Coelacanth from the Silurian, crocodiles from the Triassic. I was astounded to see that the Permian Diplocaulus - which survived into Jurassic Antarctica in a Micro -evolved form (Dinosuchus,or something like that) exists today as a dark salamander with a triangular head in Japan, A metre long rather than seven metres,but still surviving.

Now, since some creatures survived the conditions that wiped out the Cretaceous dinosaurs, couldn't a odd one or two have survived to fly over Nugini, be painted on Saharan rocks, been seen wandering about in early dynastic Egypt or lounging about amongst the Lotus -flowers lashing the Nile with its tail like a cedar?

Why shouldn't a stegosaur group have survived even to medieval Cambodia? You will see that, even if these photos really proved dinosaur survivals - and it is a rather extraordinary claim that requires some more extraordinary evidence than carvings of beasts that appear to resemble prehistoric ones - that in no way does anything to validate the Ark and Flood story. If anything, it makes it even more implausible - if, (as it seems) you too are going to put the dinosaurs on the ark.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 AM

AREQUIPA, did you read ALL of this:

"Dinosaurs Figurines from Mexico"

They had so many investigators research these figurines who said they were genuine. The article goes through all the lies and deceit against the figurines.

Not only that but it would have been impossible for a person to have made so many thousands of them and they proved no one in the area actually did and proved the man who claimed to have made them was lying.

You know as well as I that when the "established" ideas of evolution are challenged that people would rather stick with what is already established than change. Remember heliocentricity?

You stated this: "I am sure we are all looking forward greatly to yet another torrent of representations of Mythical beasts proving that Moses had a pet Camptosarus which accompanied him across the desert."

I'm not sure why you would make such a statement unless it was just to poke fun as anyone who comes to a different conclusion than you? Was there an exchange on these board I never knew about concerning Moses having a pet Camptosarus I never knew of?

Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 AM

39,273 posts, read 10,931,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
AREQUIPA, did you read ALL of this:

"Dinosaurs Figurines from Mexico"

They had so many investigators research these figurines who said they were genuine. The article goes through all the lies and deceit against the figurines.

Not only that but it would have been impossible for a person to have made so many thousands of them and they proved no one in the area actually did and proved the man who claimed to have made them was lying.
I can assure you that I have read and discussed the Acambara figurines and the Ica stones more times than I care to remember and, while the arguments for the genuine-ness of the figurines appears convincing, there are - as I said -serious doubts about whether they really stack up as an archaeological find rather than a cottage industry for sale to gullible tourists or Creationists. That in mind, the arguments for how genuine the figurines must be reads convincingly as the work of someone who wants them to be genuine and will entertain no doubts - I'm sorry if that seems dismissive, but I have read so many similar partial advocation cases in the religious, Cult and UFO world. Finally, Rifleman's dating puts the tin lid on it.

I think you may be getting the figurines mixed up with the Ica stones. When raucous doubts were raised about whether an Inca or Mocha Indian could ride a Pterosaur (they were made of balsa wood and clingfilm ) we got stuff about how genuine examples were taken to Spain long before. But this claim was never substantiated. Further, when the faker fessed up, the Believers immediately Pooh -pooed that with some claim that he lied so as to avoid a jail sentence for peddling antiques. That the stones do not make sense and - mind, in all the excavations, not a single dinosaur remain has been found, I believe that the case for the genuine-ness of these things is anything but established.

Quote:
You know as well as I that when the "established" ideas of evolution are challenged that people would rather stick with what is already established than change. Remember heliocentricity?
Before my time, old chum, but I take your point. I have said what aspect of the dinosaurs lived recently claim does not wilt under scrutiny. And of course, the survival of living fossils does not challenge evolution in the least. All it does, in fact, it to make the Ark story look even more implausible.

Quote:
You stated this: "I am sure we are all looking forward greatly to yet another torrent of representations of Mythical beasts proving that Moses had a pet Camptosarus which accompanied him across the desert."

I'm not sure why you would make such a statement unless it was just to poke fun as anyone who comes to a different conclusion than you? Was there an exchange on these board I never knew about concerning Moses having a pet Camptosarus I never knew of?
This argument has run and run and a favourite ploy is to post loads of 'Explain that - you can't can you?' pictures. The Dinos lived with men package incorporating the Paluxy tracks hoax has been done over more times than Exodus. I was recalling those former debates for the benefit of the old hands here, who will be bracing themselves for more of the same sameiness that we have come to know and love from the Bible -literalist Creationists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism