Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 PM

278 posts, read 307,669 times

Advertisements

Without Darwin, wither faith? | Creation Science Hall of Fame

I love sparring with these people. They do give a spirited, if mis-guided, fight. Read the commentary section below the article to see my rebuttal. Join in the discussion! I'm suprised I haven't been banned yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
So now their argument is "It is true because the world is better off with it being true?"

Okay, I think that I would be better off if I was younger, better looking and much smarter.

Is all that now true?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDragon View Post
LMAO! 'Creation Science'?? Now there's a contradiction if ever I saw one.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
I can't even follow that blog post. It's a layer of claptrap topped with balderdash and coated in a sticky patina of blind-faith denial masquerading as intellectual discourse.

In short, it's stupid.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's a layer of claptrap topped with balderdash and coated in a sticky patina of blind-faith denial masquerading as intellectual discourse..
Religion in general then!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
I can't even follow that blog post. It's a layer of claptrap topped with balderdash and coated in a sticky patina of blind-faith denial masquerading as intellectual discourse.

In short, it's stupid.
Normally I might say that a post such as this was not properly refuting the argument but I have to say that it is spot on. That Creationism site article is twaddle written from the view that believing nonsense on Faith is good and Darwin did a disservice by replacing belief in myth by belief in fact. Apart from half -baked nonsense about boiling frogs which is about as understanding of evolution and what it does and - what it cannot be expected to do - as the 'why don't dogs give birth to cats' twaddle.

It would not deserve a comment except that to let it go undemolished could leave the unwary thinking that it actually stands up.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:

In short, it's stupid.
Actually it's well written, given the utter "wrongness" it has to work with. These kinds of authors are the wellspring of the pseudo-intellectualism that comforts the doubting that some "big brains" somewhere have it All Worked Out and there is, in fact, an intellectually satisfying basis for believing in creation and the flood over evolution.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
some "big brains" somewhere have it All Worked Out and there is, in fact, an intellectually satisfying basis for believing in creation and the flood over evolution.
I wouldn't over credit these spokespeople for The Lord. The standards demanded by their audience are so low as to be undetectable with an atomic microscope.

As an example, in another thread I mentioned the 700 Club's special devoted to debunking "that ridiculous doctrine of evolution." They heavily promoted their special guest who was going to come out and absolutely prove that evolution was false, everyone on the show was really excited about this guy.

When he finally did come out and explain his unassailable proof, it turned out to be....."Jews have been circumcising their infants for thousands of years, yet no Jew has been born already circumcised."

.......therefore evolution is impossible.

I kid you not, that was really it. And the hosts and audience on the program went nuts with self congratulatory celebration. Evolution had been disproved for all eternity.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDragon View Post
Without Darwin, wither faith? | Creation Science Hall of Fame

I love sparring with these people. They do give a spirited, if mis-guided, fight. Read the commentary section below the article to see my rebuttal. Join in the discussion! I'm suprised I haven't been banned yet!
I prefer to ake them on with a potentially receptive audience who could learn something. The odds someone reading those comments has two brain cells with which to be educated by my time and effort are pretty low.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I wouldn't over credit these spokespeople for The Lord. The standards demanded by their audience are so low as to be undetectable with an atomic microscope.
I'm not ... the "big brain" is perceived, not real. Just as most of the "creation scientists" are not even in a field that would have anything to do with biology / paleontology / evolution. They are scientists -- they have a college degree -- "they" wouldn't let them say stuff if it wasn't true ... this was my mother's attitude and I think it is shared by many evangelicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism