U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,413,058 times

Advertisements

Only accepted if it's a gen-yoo-whine Wellington Cracked Pepper Water cracker. Yummmm!

(Oh and yeah, gimmee some thet-thar Late Harvest Zinfandel you priests seem to be slurping back in the shadows!)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 PM

30,816 posts, read 33,659,608 times
I don't care about religion so whether a place had the name "Lutheran", "Methodist", whatever on it wouldn't register. If I did notice I'd also know that it means little to most people working there anyway...it's a job to them. They are medical pros and that's all I'd care about. Just as a place that DIDN'T have a religion in it's name probably hold people of faith. Lot's of faiths in fact. Still not caring.

Now, stupid religious people are a whole other thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 AM

300 posts, read 259,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
once again, i am in no way saying an athiest must hate christians or religion or God. there are some that do, this question are for folks that just hate, dispise (misspelled on purpose, i dont want to check the correct spelling) anything to do with the christian religion. those who dont want to see a cross anywhere, those who hate christians etc.....
I am not so blind and to know that most athiest are not like this, most just want to live their lives and not be preached to. I am directing the question to those who hate everything about christianity in particular. maybe there arent any in the forum.
And yes, i know there are stupid christians that think athiest are ignorant. So, i am not trying to say all athiest are the same. that is like saying all christians are the same. very Stupid!
You probably assume that things like taking down the 10 commandments is considered "hate" when it is the far opposite. Us atheists don't care if you have it on your own front lawn or your local church. We could care less. We just don't want to see it on public property with taxpayer dollars. You have to understand that since we have something called the Constitution, the majority can't rule this country. Do you know what the Treaty of Tripoli is? How would you feel if you were attending a public school and the math teacher you have is passing Korans in class and making lectures on how great Allah is? Now you know how us atheists feel about the 10 commandments on public property.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 AM

13,144 posts, read 19,277,466 times
Quote:
I know not every athiest is dumb enough to just hate everything that has to do with Jesus, just like there are Christian who do not call athiest dumb. but this question if for those athiest, agnostics,or anyone who hates (or dispises) every and anything that has to do with christianity. those of you who want to take prayer away, remove 10 commandments, crosses etc... so here is the question

When you are hurt in an emergency, why do you let the ambulance take you to a lutheran, methodist, baptist or any other religious hospital. why do you not try to shut those hospitals down, or at least not enter or let your loved ones enter? many have the 10 commandments, crosses, even chapels in them, why do you not rather die with dignity than enter a dispised hospital.

I know its a silly question but i just wanted to see if anyone who hates everything christian actually sings a different tune when it come to staying alive or dying with dignity
Phew... luckily for me, being in SLC and all I'd probably be in a meat wagon headed for LDS Hospital instead of some despised protestant facility. I feel much safer in an occult hospital.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,331,844 times
Quote:
but this question if for those athiest, agnostics,or anyone who hates (or dispises) every and anything that has to do with christianity. those of you who want to take prayer away, remove 10 commandments, crosses etc... so here is the question
Herein lies the problem with some Christians. You don't have to "hate" something to find it insignificant for daily life. The only "hate" I have is I hate it when they come knocking at my door. I hate it when they hand me literature. I hate it when they tell me how I'm not going to heaven but they are. In other words, I hate it when they invade my private space.

And I'm not against removing the 10 commandments, crosses, etc. I don't get offended. Prayer in school, yeah that's a bit over the top, in my opinion (unless there was a different religion's prayer every day) I do get offended when people preach to/at me. But simply seeing the images offends me no more than seeing an image of Santa Claus.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM

15,087 posts, read 12,079,836 times
Quote:
Look up the other thread in today's C-D threads, which shows the parents who,
while already on strict probation for killing one of their children, effectively
killed off yet another one by the denial of proper medical technologies. These
ignorant toadies should be locked up forever. Btw, the evidence is that, in
many documented cases, by delaying proper medical knowledge, prayer has
materially worsened many critical medical conditions.
I was just threatened with bodily harm by a Christian from Mississippi on the Canada boards. No kidding. He asked a question about atheism in Canada, asked why I'm an atheist, and then threatened me. Can you imagine?
Despite all that kind of crap, I don't hate Christians. They have enough hate in their hearts to spread around. When I see some of the venom and bile spewed towards gays and the LGBT community by some of these so-called Christians, I haz a sad.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:16 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,945,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I was just threatened with bodily harm by a Christian from Mississippi on the Canada boards. No kidding. He asked a question about atheism in Canada, asked why I'm an atheist, and then threatened me. Can you imagine?
That poster has a whole lot of crazy going on.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 AM

8,820 posts, read 6,387,433 times
Some are hiding all kinds of mental issues behind the bible. You see it in movies or some TV programs how people can go biblically extremist, the first movie I think about is "Carrie" but they do exist in real life. So many don't even think about how crazy they are or have no clue.
Just had some guy on FB get mad at me because I pointed out that he's having his kid do "holy communion" and it's only because he's a sheeple..not because he believes in any of it. Some are slaves to religion and don't realize it. Lots of anger and maliciousness comes out of the need to believe! Maybe it's jealousy and frustration at the fact that they can't let go of it.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:38 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,934,963 times
Quote:
I know not every athiest is dumb enough to just hate everything that has to do with Jesus, just like there are Christian who do not call athiest dumb. but this question if for those athiest, agnostics,or anyone who hates (or dispises) every and anything that has to do with christianity. those of you who want to take prayer away, remove 10 commandments, crosses etc... so here is the question

When you are hurt in an emergency, why do you let the ambulance take you to a lutheran, methodist, baptist or any other religious hospital. why do you not try to shut those hospitals down, or at least not enter or let your loved ones enter? many have the 10 commandments, crosses, even chapels in them, why do you not rather die with dignity than enter a dispised hospital.

I know its a silly question but i just wanted to see if anyone who hates everything christian actually sings a different tune when it come to staying alive or dying with dignity
Ok, this post is just for those of us who are "dumb atheists" and is it posted by a "smart Christian (I'm only assuming here)?" I think I qualify. Seems I don't have enough information. I do gather you'd like to know if I'd sacrifice my life for my beliefs of not believing, or my right to not believe in what you do? I'm assuming again, that makes a "dumb" atheists?

I'll bite at the question; I hate everything Christian, I don't go to their hospitals. I wear a necklace stating I'm atheist so they don't mistakenly take me there while I'm uncounsious and dying. My non belief in the Christ would be shattered if I died in the hands of a God lover, I might accidentally go to an after life. Yes, I'd be bummed.

You've given me a new cause, I think I'll start a "shut down the religious hospitals" group tomorrow. Maybe I should hand out some pamphlets! I'll lead my group of activists to the street corners of all hospitals with Saint something in the title for a start. We will inform those who don't relalize the dangers as they approach. That their lack of belief might be threatened by entering the domaine. After we've established a foot hold it's off to the door steps. Since all atheists have a lot of money we can use Segways instead of walking.

Is this really the kind of response you thought you'd get?

Personally I think maybe, just maybe, this post is just another "dumb" Christian asking atheists a "silly" question? Based on what a Christian would do.

Now see, that's a bit offensive isn't it. Just a bit.

Now that atheists are taking an active role with their wants in society like Christians have for ages, strengthening their constitutional rights, it's really amusing to me to see how upset Christians are getting. Your post is only beefing up my desire to break the chain in the Christian says game.

An active atheists (what I believe you mean by "dumb") desires to project an equal society. A society full of a variety( religious and non religious) is really irritating Christians lately, why is this? Mad because you were King of the Mountain for so long? Do you not desire equality in this country?

My desire isn't to hate on you, it's to equalize you. To help you realize you don't rule society, you're just a part of it. To help you, get over yourselves. To help ease that crown down from your God's head and only allow him to play ruler of all at your house.

Last edited by PoppySead; 05-18-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism