U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 AM

505 posts, read 477,652 times

Advertisements

Are there any Agnostics or Atheists here who would be open to civil discussions on God, His nature, and characteristics, Christian doctrine or the Bible? If so, please come over to the Christian forum and the thread "If you could ask God one question..." We can not do this on this forum as it might be interpreted as me proselytizing, which is against CD policy. Come over to my house and ask me a question if you are open to Christian answers and explanations. It would be particularly helpful to me if you would state that you are an Agnostic or Atheist and then go into some detail about your question (but not necessary).
Please, ONLY ONE QUESTION! Some answers could be long enough without having to try to answer 4/5 questions at a time. Thanks and come on over!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 PM

12,171 posts, read 9,891,088 times
I am trying, without success, on how one would discuss the characteristics of a non-existent being.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:03 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,734,668 times
There is no god, there's nothing to discuss. I have no questions for you but I do have a statement to make...analyse the truth and you will be set free from your religious bonds that bind your mind.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Sorry you two, I can't respond in this sub-forum. Thats why the invite to the Christianity forum. Thanks

Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 PM

41,022 posts, read 18,578,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
Are there any Agnostics or Atheists here who would be open to civil discussions on God, His nature, and characteristics, Christian doctrine or the Bible? If so, please come over to the Christian forum and the thread "If you could ask God one question..." We can not do this on this forum as it might be interpreted as me proselytizing, which is against CD policy. Come over to my house and ask me a question if you are open to Christian answers and explanations. It would be particularly helpful to me if you would state that you are an Agnostic or Atheist and then go into some detail about your question (but not necessary).
Please, ONLY ONE QUESTION! Some answers could be long enough without having to try to answer 4/5 questions at a time. Thanks and come on over!
This seems like, "I'm not allowed to do any proselytizing here, so would you people who don't want me proselytizing here come over to my turf so I can do it to you there?"

No thank you.

As long as you are here, might I prevail upon you to explain your user name? I can think of multiple interpretations....does it mean that you and Jesus are both in line to inherit a joint? Does it mean that you and Jesus are joint heirs of a specific legacy? If so, who has to die for you to inherit and what is the expected legacy?

Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 PM

Can't and won't respond on this sub-forum.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM

734 posts, read 1,469,913 times
If we were interested in learning about "God", I'm pretty sure we would have made our way to that side of the forum a long time ago. Nice try...

Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM

41,022 posts, read 18,578,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
Can't and won't respond on this sub-forum.
This calls into question your sincerity with regard to your invitation to a discussion. A discussion would include answering our direct questions, most of which would center on how you have come to know the things that you claim to know. What proof can you offer that your declarations are anything other than ungrounded declarations?

If you are unwilling to operate under those conditions, which seem to be the minimum demanded by fairness, then all you are actually doing is inviting us to a preach fest.

If you are sincere, you may present your case here and respond to our questions. If all you want to do declare things, why would any of us be interested in that?

So, I think you should demonstrate your sincerity or abandon this masquerade that you have an interest in discussing the issues.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM

39,146 posts, read 10,857,554 times
I have got the god -thing pretty well settled to my mind. I rarely go over to talk to Christians on their patch. I prefer the neutral ground of the Religion forum.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 PM

Grandstander; I appreciate your position, here is mine. I posted what was interpreted as a post proselytizng on this sub-forum. It was deleted and I was subsequently issued a warning for violation. Further violations will result in restrictions on my ability to post. I will never be able to know if what I post HERE is deemed a violation by some moderator, thus the invite to the Christian forum. I believe in my heart, that many, many Agnostics and Atheists want to believe but lack the answers to questions that I have learned and lived for the last 35 years. The very nature of and definition of an Agnostic is one who does not know one way or the other if there is a God. Doesn't that insinuate that they are open to both sides of the issue? I'm here to give my side but not on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism