U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2017, 02:30 AM

4,164 posts, read 927,518 times

Advertisements

Happy December Everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 07:11 AM

6,867 posts, read 3,791,335 times
Merry Christmas lovely people

⛄☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️

Old 12-25-2017, 07:19 AM

14,197 posts, read 9,091,096 times
Merry Christmas AND happy holidays to one and all.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:24 AM

39,189 posts, read 10,872,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Merry Christmas...you old humbug!
And a merry Christmas to you old Bumhug.A day like any other, as they say. But I managed to get a few things done because all the shops are shut and really the only thing I'd be shopping for is a couple of small stepladders as I recently built shelves and can't reach the CD's even standing on a chair!

(pic?) Hah!

So after a decent breakfast I combined working through the Scarlatti sonatas 1- 800 writing programme -notes wile reading a book on dinosaurs I never got round to. So birds are more a direct line from bird -hipped dinosaurs than Pterosaurs, eh? So if Pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs..why weren't they? They seem as closely related as the Saurian -hipped dinosaurs as the T. Rexes. (not to be confused with the other dinosaur with a brain the size of a walnut - Temit Raxes), and were warm -blooded which is a randy season..sorry..shouldn't have had that 2nd cider...handy reason to hive off crocodiles and turtles. So they could fly. Bats can fly, but they are still mammals.

I do hope it isn't going to come down to "Pterosaurs have a characteristic hole in the skull not seen in dinosaurs." technicality. Religious fundamentalists have a characteristic hole in the head, too, but they are still Yuman Beans.
Attached Thumbnails
Chat about anything thread.-bodjjob.jpg  

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-25-2017 at 11:37 AM..

Old 12-25-2017, 04:06 PM

4,890 posts, read 3,978,050 times
Merry Christmas to all u wonderful people

Last night, as always, I went to a Midnight Mass. Do not know if I was the only non believer there or not, but the production was beautiful nonetheless
I am amazed by people who have musical talents that I wish I had.....I do not envy them, instead I enjoy listening to them sing.They had some people signing who had beautiful voices.

There was no string quartet from the local symphony. The building was old, had some nice artwork and architectural details
People were friendly. Not pushy or meddling.

Til next year.......hope everyone isvenjoying this uoliday break.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:44 PM

14,197 posts, read 9,091,096 times
Late to the party, but Merry Christmas to all of you.

We did not make it out of the house today but each of us had a pleasant call with our daughters and I have made a point to be completely idle all weekend and today. As the song says, "the weather outside is frightful but inside it's so delightful".

Old 12-25-2017, 09:07 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
to everyone.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:41 PM

15,310 posts, read 10,348,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And a merry Christmas to you old Bumhug.A day like any other, as they say. But I managed to get a few things done because all the shops are shut and really the only thing I'd be shopping for is a couple of small stepladders as I recently built shelves and can't reach the CD's even standing on a chair!
Don't stand on chairs my dear old bum-fluff. I did my laundry, lost two pairs of underpants in the high wind (later returned by my neighbour on the end of a stick) and did some ironing.

Quote:
So after a decent breakfast I combined working through the Scarlatti sonatas...
Ah well! He should have never married that Spaniard - too excitable see.

Quote:
Religious fundamentalists have a characteristic hole in the head, too, but they are still Yuman Beans.
Astute observations old horse.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:05 AM

39,189 posts, read 10,872,385 times
Decent neighours you have, old fig -leaf. Others might return your underwear wrapped round a brick. But...doing your laundry on Christmas day? I think I shall have to nominate you for the MUAPORF award (Most Unreligious Activity Performed on a Religious Festival (1) See you at the British Atheists awards festival 2018 to be held at Beano's babyburger bar.

(1) I got a nomination 2006 for wallpapering my living -room on Dec 25th, but lost out to a Christmas -day spreader of his compost heap over the back garden. The fixed 'jolly sporting Loser' grin I put on has affected my face ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq78D-3HwEM

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-26-2017 at 08:25 AM..

Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM

41,077 posts, read 18,589,435 times
To all...religious or irreligious...I wish you a Happy Boxing Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism