Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 12:23 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But not on the street out of Newsprint. No.
Do ya' ever try to read the greasy newspaper it's wrapped in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do ya' ever try to read the greasy newspaper it's wrapped in?
Unfortunately when Britain slipped from a First World country to a second, the newsprint became the kind that came off on your sleeve and of course on any of the food it wrapped. Since then, unprinted newspaper had become de rigeur (since polystyrene trays are for oafs who don't care that the Barrier reef is becoming bare rock and dead coral). Printed newpaper is best kept for wrapping foodwaste for recycling. It certainly isn't worth reading.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:24 PM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I have looked and looked to verify it was Helen Gurley Brown but can't confirm something I recall whether it was from a book of hers or one of her contemporaries....that taking a good s*** is as satisfying, if not more so, than sex.
And a young FB I acquired , whose only apparent interest in life is sex, stood there one night, while digging in his ears with a Q Tip, said THAT was as good as sex. (And he did do it 'right')
So, I guess , unless you've had Warburton's Crumpets dripping with butter and a cup of Yorkshire tea, can we judge?

Hmm, yeah I think it's safe to say, those two are definitely doing it wrong.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:30 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I thought you played guitar in a band. Crumpets over sex just destroys that image.
But wouldn't that be a fun name for a rock band?

Old 11-04-2018, 09:40 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Actually, it would.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:35 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
I thought you played guitar in a band. Crumpets over sex just destroys that image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Have it WITH sex. LOL.
Ah yes! People think it's all sex, drugs and Rock n Roll but some nights, you just want to go to bed with a cup of hot milk, a good book and one of those pillows you put between your legs to stop your knees banging together...oh, and a buttered crumpet.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:36 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Quote:
Actually, it would.
I agree! I'll keep that in mind.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah yes! People think it's all sex, drugs and Rock n Roll but some nights, you just want to go to bed with a cup of hot milk, a good book and one of those pillows you put between your legs to stop your knees banging together...oh, and a buttered crumpet.
Old age You can't beat it. You have to pay someone else.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:27 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
See toast and marmalade. Now you're talking. Toast and marmalade with a large mug of tea is actually my favorite thing in the world. I could happily live on that for the rest of my life.
I too like what you call marmalade, on home made bread or toast, but with coffee. But when I first went to England, I was confused why it was always made with oranges. We use the word 'marmalade' for what the English call Jam.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:04 AM

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I too like what you call marmalade, on home made bread or toast, but with coffee. But when I first went to England, I was confused why it was always made with oranges. We use the word 'marmalade' for what the English call Jam.

No we have jam and marmalade.

Marmalade is the term given to all preserves made with citrus fruits:
Orange marmalade, lemon marmalade, lime marmalade or any combination thereof.

Jam is made with any other fruit: berries, apricots etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism