U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2019, 02:56 PM

2,992 posts, read 1,014,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Religious buildings and artifacts may be destroyed in France's next civil war.
Yes? Based on conflicts between. .French nationals and. .Moslems??

Looks like the Irish are still at it, too. That gay female reporter, killed by random shots. What was she doing there, standing around?

Or the three mountain climbers, presumed dead?

If people put themselves in danger, I don't feel particularly sorry for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Reading through this thread from the beginning (okay, I'm sick in bed with nothing to do and too weak to practice), and find it very enlightening. Thread goes back 10 years. Same posters, friends for 10+ years.

Ten years is a non-trivial amount of time, particularly on a forum like this. A lot of behaviour makes sense now.

<<<cough, cough>>>

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 04-21-2019 at 03:41 PM..

Old 04-21-2019, 06:12 PM

Russell Brand has a following, not just because of a sort of native intelligence but because he's tall, dark, and has symmetrical facial features.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:38 PM

39,062 posts, read 10,837,135 times
Default I came across this..

Frankly as an atheist I find it hard to credit what this fellow is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZYgwsd50M

God knows (or maybe not ) what believers will say about it. It just popped into my mind that the Creationist side have at times accused science of being bribed to fiddle results.
Subtitles.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:41 PM

40,946 posts, read 18,566,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Frankly as an atheist I find it hard to credit what this fellow is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZYgwsd50M

God knows (or maybe not ) what believers will say about it. It just popped into my mind that the Creationist side have at times accused science of being bribed to fiddle results.
Subtitles.
I wonder what the "proof that there is no god" is. How one proves a negative would be instructive, but of course the church has hidden away these proofs according to this priest.

Unasked, at least in the linked video, was why, if you don't believe in god, you remain a priest?

Old 05-06-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I wonder what the "proof that there is no god" is. How one proves a negative would be instructive, but of course the church has hidden away these proofs according to this priest.

Unasked, at least in the linked video, was why, if you don't believe in god, you remain a priest?
All good questions (though there are answers), including why there are two apparently firmly both on the same side. Which is why I found it hard to just take the vid at face value.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:22 AM

I suppose we can't talk about project Blitz here, and it isn't for a limey anyway - especially since we failed at Brexit. Though I suspect the idea is to Stay in while saying we left.

But there is an element of 'don't act all surprised'. Didn't we say that the constitution won't stop the religious right establishing a theocracy - if they are allowed to. I have an idea that this could be -like Brexit -the In or Out campaign.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM

19,795 posts, read 19,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I suppose we can't talk about project Blitz here, and it isn't for a limey anyway - especially since we failed at Brexit. Though I suspect the idea is to Stay in while saying we left.

But there is an element of 'don't act all surprised'. Didn't we say that the constitution won't stop the religious right establishing a theocracy - if they are allowed to. I have an idea that this could be -like Brexit -the In or Out campaign.
Why not? I would think Project Blitz is exactly the kind of topic suitable for this forum.
There may be many,many atheists ( and others that do believe in separation of church and state that may not be aware of proposed legislation that they can contact their representatives about

Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,339,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Why not? I would think Project Blitz is exactly the kind of topic suitable for this forum.
There may be many,many atheists ( and others that do believe in separation of church and state that may not be aware of proposed legislation that they can contact their representatives about
I watched a programme about the Salem Witch Trails last night. That is the sort of world they would have us back in...with people like Jeff, Mike and Baptist Fundie in charge.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,339,568 times
Toledo on Friday...

Rock on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRknAE2ySI&t=204s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism