U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,324,168 times

Advertisements

The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is Isaiah 30:26, "Moreover, the light of the Moon shall be as the light of the Sun and the light of the Sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days." Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much radiation as we do from the Sun, and in addition 7 x 7 (49) times as much as the Earth does from the Sun, or 50 times in all.... The light we receive from the Moon is one 1/10,000 of the light we receive from the Sun, so we can ignore that. The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation, i.e., Heaven loses 50 times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann law for radiation, (H/E)^4 = 50, where E is the absolute temperature of the earth (-300K), gives H as 798K (525C).

The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed. However, Revelation 21:8 says "But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." A lake of molten brimstone [sulphur] means that its temperature must be at or below its boiling point, 444.6C.

We have, then, that Heaven, at 525C is hotter than Hell at 445C

Applied Optics vol. 11, A14, 1972
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 04:05 AM

39,220 posts, read 10,895,806 times
Since we shall all be in the spirit as the non - perishable parts of our bods or perhaps our ashes shall remain in the ground (or frozen in storage) awaiting the celestial trumpet signal to come shambling forth like a bad zombie movie, the temperature won't bother us one way or the other and I suppose the wailing and gnashing of teeth is a show put on in rotation for the believers who also in rotation (1) are allowed to come and look with great satisfaction at the unbelievers, non -believers and wrong - believers being tormented.

(1) each sect has their turn, because, as the old joke says, each one thinks they're the only ones there.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,214,711 times
That's all wrong. I'm pretty sure the bible says we sit around on summer evenings with cool breezes, drink cold beers and chat with cool historical figures after we die. Not everyone knows this, but Isaac Newton figured it out when he deciphered the bible code.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 PM

278 posts, read 255,688 times
I can't wait to be rejected at the gates of the heaven-based theme park.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 AM

41,144 posts, read 18,604,845 times
Glad to have the issue resolved. Now let us move on to another puzzler....how hot was a dragon's breath and what was the source of combustion? I'm thinking maybe dragons are the missing proof for cold fusion theory.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 PM

540 posts, read 571,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

We have, then, that Heaven, at 525C is hotter than Hell at 445C
Is that hot enough to melt the pearly gates?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,380,837 times
Default Great Stuff!

As usual, silly theists are obviously ignoring the "Magic God Factor", which is hauled out and used whenever such Truthy-Factor stuff rears it's ugly head and denies Creation & Genesis. But of course, when it suits them, "science" and it's endless valuable revelations are happily used.

Like in their efforts to re-adjust God's Creation chronology in light of the obvious age of this earth as clearly shown by such spectacles as the sediment-layers easily countable in The Grand Canyon, or the "varves" (annual sedimentary deposition layers on the floor of all lakes) in the sed-layered bottom of Lake Baikal. to wit: God conveniently altered the length of His day, but ONLY for Genesis. Hmmm... what happened to omnipotence?

To selectively ignore the facts, or to claim that God laid them all down one day ≈6000 years ago? Ignorant and illiterate. These layers are obvious representative of millions of years of annual sediments. Inarguable.

Science-derived facts (i.e.: results of honest research, the results of which are always peer-reviewed if they are to be published) are somewhat like the O'-Reilly Factor: ignore them at your own risk!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 AM

7,802 posts, read 5,286,683 times
Might it not be an idea to begin to substantiate the existence of heaven, hell, or an after life before one goes about pretending to know what the weather is like there?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:57 AM

39,220 posts, read 10,895,806 times
Of course.

I have been inspired by God whose voice I hear in my head, to interpret the Bible in terms of the heaven -hell doctrine I was taught in my church -dominated local bit of society.

The basics proven beyond any doubt other than by satan -inspired scoffers, let us now argue of dancing angels and pin -heads, for on such niceties may depend whether an otherwise faithful christian may be barred from entry and find themselves sauteeing with the unbeliever and heathen because they misinterpreted a passing remark in Jude...

Old 09-13-2013, 07:09 PM

51 posts, read 307,409 times
And your proof is...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism