U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM

41,042 posts, read 18,583,829 times

Advertisements

When I investigated those other belief systems I found that I had already thought of the few good ideas that they had and the rest appeared to me to be mysticism fluff and balms for the emotionally oriented.

Getting rid of one set of nonsense does not demand that it be replaced with a different set of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,776,624 times
Exactly.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,375,913 times
Default Misconceptions 001, vs. "The Facts, Ma'am! Just the Facts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fschmidt View Post

Logic [run amok...] 001:

1) I don't know how you define atheism. Hmm. but you still hate it?

2) I don't believe in a supernatural god, but I generally hate atheists.

Yep: Them be mighty rational reasons to "hate" someone, esp. in general!

3) I love the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) for its values.

Hey. Who doesn't love good principles? We atheists just don't emotionally crave the nasty Godhead that you require to accompany them!

4) I don't mind its myths either, though I don't believe them to be literally true.

And neither do we, and yet, you "hate" us for those well-thought-out beliefs. Holy Wowzerz! Such nice Christian ethics on display!

Well now, my logic-based views, which you claim to hate me for..., on all this are here in my follow-on points below And thus we come to:

Your Illogic corrected: [And thx to sanspeur here for saving my pinky tips...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

1) If you hate atheists, then what are you doing on this forum?

2) From what I read on your link. even though you claim to once have been an atheist

3) you do not know what an atheist is....[/b]

4) Yet, you claim that atheists hate god...
Oh blah blah blah. This is, apparently what the theist morons on the Koo-Koo Khristian Websites, like...

Christian Answers Network [Home]

A Front-Row Seat to African Faith | Christianity Today

Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

http://www.bennyhinn.org/

CARM - Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

...love to endlessly prattle on about, without any shred of rational perspectives to fall back on! Compelling arguments for sure!

I could go on and list literally hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of such factually empty blitherings, against which there is no defense by us, since their authors simply won't participate in a reasonable discussion...

This kind of stuff has endeared the Defenders of Christianity to rote-chant and automatically believe, and others who read their stuff also won't choose to EVER question it?

Again, my once-mere-suspicions about the total lack of interest in ANY honest debate about such beliefs turns out to be absolutely, and oh so very VERY true.

Well OK then... keep it up.

Meantime, we "spiteful, unethical, angry, sadistic, terrorist-minded, disaffected and mentally unbalanced" atheists (again, I'm sure those are the very adjectives they have used to describe us, right? Am I right? You betcha... Right here is the written proof! Oh, and the ardent Christians defenders eat it up and tehn regurgitate it on demand, like stuff that some half-starved hoodlum street dogs would do to whatever they find in an alley trashcan...!).

Wow. No wonder it'd be so very easy to argue you down, even if you would ever rise to the occasion! [Frady Cats!]

And as a result, it's no wonder you guys are getting the bad reputation you're getting!

Man up, guys. Answer a few questions, and be openly prepared to possibly learn about yourself and your origins in this Universe! Such knowledge will NOT kill you, or deny you anything in your future, to wit:

If you are right, then off you go to fairy-land, singing "Nyah Nyah!". And if we Godless heathen-pagan atheists are right, you won't be missing anything, now will you?

Last edited by rifleman; 09-25-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or