U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 AM

14,197 posts, read 9,097,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
What is it about fundamentalists of any faith that causes them to say things that normal people look at and just say WTF?
It's the magic of compartmentalization. It's what allows a scientist to be a fundamentalist, for instance. in many respects, one leaves one's brain at the door of the church on the way in.

It does backfire on them, though ... it's hard to meet a fundamentalist pastor who doesn't on occasion rail against people behaving differently on Sunday at church then everywhere and every time else; they want them to live the "Christian life" 24/7. What they don't realize is that if people acted at work or in public or even to a degree at home the way they do in church, they wouldn't be able to function in society. Particularly if you're talking about a pentecostal / charismatic church.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,277,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
It just amazes me that people who probably are otherwise intelligent come across total idiots when it comes to religion.

What is it about fundamentalists of any faith that causes them to say things that normal people look at and just say WTF?

Reading some of the Commons over the religious forums just leave me shaking my head
I know what you mean. In my college class I was paired with this girl for class work to sit by me. She's cute and a nice girl. But then she started going on about how she doesn't believe in evolution and believes creationism is the true word.. Aside from her ignorant religious views, she seems to have everything else going for her.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM

30,895 posts, read 31,799,432 times
Here is a treasure trove of idiocy...Many of the quotes on this site came from city data...

Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 PM

30,895 posts, read 31,799,432 times
This one is special...

[Question about the logic in light being created on the first day, but the sun being created on the fourth.]

The sun isn't the only source of light you know? Think of a cloudly day, there's light coming from somewhere.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 PM

12,540 posts, read 12,543,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here is a treasure trove of idiocy...Many of the quotes on this site came from city data...

Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

I had to run a search by forum to find them, but LOL! Some of those folks are still active members here, too. Good grief.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:47 PM

13,575 posts, read 21,734,191 times
Sorry guys and gals, but a thread such as this is clearly bashing in the worst way some of the other members of these forums. It would never, never be allowed for something like this in the religion or Christianity forum and is not allowed in this one..

This sub forum is under the same TOS as all the forums here
Administrator did not create this forum EXCLUSIVELY for you to make fun of or to bash the posters on other forums. It was created for discussion and debate of things of interest to Atheism/Agnosticism.

The only restriction in this forum is posted by the Administrator and you all know what that is.
Threads such as this one seem to be baiting the religious posters to come here in defense of some of what has been posted about them only to be reported for proseltyzing.

Of course you can discuss, debate fundamental beliefs all you desire in accordance with the TOS, but this thread is full of flat out insults to the point of calling out (naming) posters in the other forums for ridicule.

CLOSED
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-03-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or