Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,718 times

Advertisements

So....today one of the people working for me in my group said something (about a project bid we lost) to the effect of:

"who knows why god didn't want us to be working on the project....."

I almostModerator cut: delete myself and all i could say was: "what are you talking about? gawd had nothing to do with this project!"......which as i write this....sounds ABSURD even saying the phrase that i said!

Worst part is that this person is a PHD, 'seemingly' intelligent and rational. anyway.......i just almost threw myself out the window of the building thinking about the ignorance of some people.....

Do you have to deal with Shhhhtuff like that at work? I have no problem letting people know that i don't believe in that shhhhhhhtuff....even at work.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-06-2013 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 03:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Gawd gets blamed for an awful lot of what people can't understand. I guess it's just a lot easier to blame him (sometimes even when you don't believe in him)...than to see the REAL reasons..crazy I know.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:00 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
...'almost threw myself out the window of the building'...over that?...ya need to take a chill pill, brah

as you said, you have no problem letting people know you dont believe in that shtuf....guess your coworker feels the same way...lol!

Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Next time that guys does something good give god all the credit for it. I bet he won't like that.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Next time that guys does something good give god all the credit for it. I bet he won't like that.
hahaha i can totally see it.....

'John....these are fantastic TPS reports......Gawd did an outstanding job!
oh and don't worry....we've taken the initiative of diverting your paycheck into his account instead going forward'

Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,184,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
"gawd had nothing to do with this project!"
You are probably correct but we don't know for sure.

Also, I wouldn't recommend acknowledging or refuting those types of things in the workplace. It may irritate people and go against norms. It's just too risky.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times
Ever notice how god is always credited with good stuff, or not so bad stuff, but a kid gets raped by a priest and it's clearly the work of satan.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-06-2013 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
You are probably correct but we don't know for sure.

Also, I wouldn't recommend acknowledging or refuting those types of things in the workplace. It may irritate people and go against norms. It's just too risky.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? lol

i don't care what you recommend. Doesn't matter where....stupidity and ignorance of such magnitude needs to be noted and ridiculed! It's ME who is irritated. i couldn't care less about his feelings towards his non-existent imaginary friend....who apparently helps (or doesn't) on projects at our company....(as opposed to perhaps helping those without food and water in 3rd world countries..... )

Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post

So....today one of the people working for me in my group said something (about a project bid we lost) to the effect of:

"who knows why god didn't want us to be working on the project....."

I almost SH**^ myself and all i could say was: "what are you talking about? gawd had nothing to do with this project!"......which as i write this....sounds ABSURD even saying the phrase that i said!

Worst part is that this person is a PHD, 'seemingly' intelligent and rational. anyway.......i just almost threw myself out the window of the building thinking about the ignorance of some people.....

Do you have to deal with Shhhhtuff like that at work? I have no problem letting people know that i don't believe in that shhhhhhhtuff....even at work.
Must be hard for you to work with people who don't have the same world view as you. Poor baby. Learn to deal with it. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-06-2013 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: personal

Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Must be hard for you to work with people who don't have the same world view as you. Poor baby. Learn to deal with it.Moderator cut: orphaned.
hehe thanks for that insightful comment.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: answering an orphaned comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism