Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:53 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times

Advertisements

In your mind you've wanted proof. Well, here it is, at last.

Quote:
Researchers at Harvard University announced today that they have found what appears to be a message from God written inside the human genome.

In a little-explored section of non-coding DNA, a team of top geneticists discovered a 22-word snippet of ancient Aramaic in which God confirms his existence and his role in creating life on Earth.

Message From God Found Hidden Inside DNA Sequence - The Daily Currant
So now what are you going to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 04:11 PM

328 posts, read 466,326 times
I don't know what is funnier right now, the article (and the other offerings from that site) or the fact that my husband was just reading it with me a few moments ago and he thought it was real.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:18 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
Laugh out loud that the Onion got scooped???

Old 11-26-2013, 04:26 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Lol at this website's most popular articles, currently trending:

NASA Finds Message From God on Mars
Government Opening Free Gas Stations in Poor Neighborhoods
Pope Benedict Comes Out as Gay
Sarah Palin Claims Jesus Celebrated Easter
Selena Gomez Says Bieber Has ‘Tiny, Weird Penis’
Message From God Found Hidden Inside DNA Sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Drink this glass of ice water, scan CD for a bit, then go to bed...

Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
LOL, I didn't open the link but I pointed my mouse and looked at the source:

The Daily Currant is an American satirical news blog that focuses on politics, technology, and entertainment. A number of its satirical stories have been taken for true news reports by press and members of the public.

The Daily Currant is a competitor to the Onion. According to Quantcast, the site garners over 1.5 million page views a month

The Daily Currant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL, LOL!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:39 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:

Dude it's only Tuesday. You have to wait until Friday to post stuff like this. Friday is drive by day.

Thank You

Last edited by baystater; 11-26-2013 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM

243 posts, read 452,678 times
Quote:

LMFAO! Thanks for the laugh .

This would have fit in well with the joke thread.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:15 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
From what I recall, I am sure Nezlie knew it was a spoof. In fact though, the great thing is that there is no send up to be made about a Certain type of Christianity that it is no more improbable than some genuine claims.

Messages in the Bible is an old idiocy dating back to the Baconists (q,v (1) and the 'God code' appeared along with 'the same maker' as son as the properties of DNA were known.

This spoof is as much an illogical combination of the two fallacies as TV was a logical outcome of Radio and moving pictures.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakesp...arch_for_proof

Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
From what I recall, I am sure Nezlie knew it was a spoof. In fact though, the great thing is that there is no send up to be made about a Certain type of Christianity that it is no more improbable than some genuine claims.

Messages in the Bible is an old idiocy dating back to the Baconists (q,v (1) and the 'God code' appeared along with 'the same maker' as son as the properties of DNA were known.

This spoof is as much an illogical combination of the two fallacies as TV was a logical outcome of Radio and moving pictures.

(1) Shakespeare authorship question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, one of these in the first post would have helped. --->

I read content similar to this topic before and I do not know everyone who posts here.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Well, one of these in the first post would have helped. --->

I read content similar to this topic before and I do not know everyone who posts here.
Nor do I and I'm relying on memory ...call me Al T. Ziemer... but Nezlie isn't on my mental list of Chess - playing pigeons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism