U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party do you most identify with? (atheists only plz)
Republican 2 15.38%
Democratic 2 15.38%
Independent 8 61.54%
Other 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:31 PM

505 posts, read 477,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The real question is why are you, a self-proclaimed Born-again, Spirit-filled Evangelical Christian, starting this poll in the atheists sub-forum?
Inquiring minds want to know!
To be honest, again, the results are not quite what I expected. I truly thought the results would be overwhelmingly Democratic! I'm surprised right now.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,776,585 times
I don't "most identify" with any party. I vote for specific candidates that I think will do the best job. Don't care what they call themselves.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:51 PM

1,387 posts, read 2,166,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Independent. I vote for a candidate based on their position, not party.
Same here.^

Old 12-24-2013, 11:53 PM

243 posts, read 389,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
To which party do you most identify yourself with? Why?
I'm a huge fan of the Green Party, but the chances they'll draw a majority vote for office are quite small. Their highest seat is in a state legislature.

My beliefs pretty much bar me from being a republican so democrat it is, as people tend to lump everyone into those two parties. "Lesser of two evils" voter here, and for me it's usually (but not always) a dem. Independent would be a better description, but it's sometimes easier to just say D or R. Wendy Davis and Elizabeth Warren are my two rock star politicians right now.

In college I lived in Boehner's district and voted against him (now I live a few miles outside the boundary). As weak as he was during the shutdown, I was kind of proud of him for finally saying something about the destructiveness of the Tea Party. It just shows how people within each party can have very different goals, just as people from different parties can have similar feelings. Nothing's really black and white in politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or