U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM

40,078 posts, read 26,744,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perhaps this should be the baseless claims thread. When one does not have complete knowledge about the bases for claims . . . it is too easy to simply assert that they are baseless without refuting the bases provided.
They are both non-baryonic, they comprise the bulk of our reality (now up to 96% using latest figures). As a result they are not measurable except by their effects. This is something you seem to be confused about as I will point out later when I answer your question about EEGs. They represent two different unmeasurable field forms of energy. Our composite consciousness (not the individual inputs) is comprised of two different unmeasurable field forms of energy . . . thoughts and feelings. It doesn't seem like such a stretch to draw the parallels.
Quote:
Like the time all of us "wrong or misinformed" people had to correct your basic algebra errors in previous threads?
I recall only one error being pointed out in an equation I presented from memory. If you have never made any such errors cast the first stone . . . because you have been harping on this forever.This was pointed out as metaphorical repeatedly . . . to no effect since misunderstanding it seems to be the desired view. My Synthesis clearly disavows the literal use of "speed." But since you probably didn't bother to read it you may have missed that little detail. Only in your imagination . . . or perhaps in your dreams.
Quote:
you're talking to people who, unlike you, have actual academic and professional backgrounds in the field.
I am unaware of your credentials . . . but I am very skeptical they exceed basic bachelor level . . . if at all.
Please rethink this before you embarrass yourself further. Do you really think that an EEG machine transforms the energy of "You" (your "consciousness") into something else. It is detecting the individual energy transformations that are producing "You." I will let you dwell on that for a bit.
What was once able to produce "You" ceases to function . . . but that does not account for the "You" that was produced during its lifelong production period. You have been producing "You" for a long time . . . all talk of illusions is just that . . . illusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Wait, you just said they were measurable by their effects. Why are you changing your story?
You know (or should know) the difference between direct and indirect measurement.
Quote:
And if they're unmeasurable, how you do know they're field forms of energy (whatever that's supposed to mean)?
Because field manifesting as energy/mass is ALL that there IS.
Quote:
And here you were just telling us that this consciousness energy couldn't be transformed. Come on, come clean - you're just making this up as you go along, aren't you?
Apparently you DON'T know the difference between detecting activity and transforming it. Sad.
Quote:
I have no idea if this is supposed to mean anything or not, but I'm sure it is doing a bad job of communicating anything worth worrying about.
You win, KC . . . your preference for disparagement rather than discussion is patently obvious now . . . so you will be put on ignore with my other single-minded agenda-driven harassers. If you ever decide to actually discuss rather than disparage . . . let me know by DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,938,841 times
Quote:
You know (or should know) the difference between direct and indirect measurement.
I also know the difference between measurable and unmeasurable. Indirectly measurable is a subset of measurable. You switching between measurable and unmeasurable is an attempt at slight of hand to avoid try and act as if you have some sort of privileged position to know these things in a way no one else could.

Quote:
Because field manifesting as energy/mass is ALL that there IS.
Unsubstantiated assertion.

Quote:
Apparently you DON'T know the difference between detecting activity and transforming it.
Sure I do, which is why I commented on your statement that this allegedly un-transformable energy was transforming. Quite the conundrum for your position. I'm sure you'll be happy to discuss a detailed resolution of this contradiction.

Quote:
Sad.You win, KC . . . your preference for disparagement rather than discussion is patently obvious now
Or maybe not.

Kind of an ironic objection coming from the guy who preferred to go on about my presumed educational level rather than discuss a few simple points.

Quote:
. . . so you will be put on ignore with my other single-minded agenda-driven harassers.
Yeah, there's obviously a world-wide conspiracy to silence your ideas, and I'm waist-deep in it. That's the only possible reason someone might object to the idea that Jesus was sent to us from a universal dark-energy powered consciousness field god. No other option besides a shadowy group with an agenda to shut this message down before it gets too far.

Where's the face-palm icon?

Quote:
If you ever decide to actually discuss rather than disparage . . . let me know by DM.
LOL. Looks like my objections were too strong to overcome in any constructive way. I guess this is what happens when the cognitive dissonance gets too scary - simply ignore the source of it and hide.

Last edited by KCfromNC; 02-24-2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old 02-24-2014, 12:52 PM

13,678 posts, read 13,598,122 times
I'm quite comfortable with "PFFFFFT"

Old 02-24-2014, 02:42 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,278,422 times
Quote:
Perhaps this should be the baseless claims thread. When one does not have complete knowledge about the bases for claims . . . it is too easy to simply assert that they are baseless without refuting the bases provided.
No one ever has 'complete knowledge' of any claims. This means that by your logic ... ...no one should ever point out the baselessness of claims. Which makes your logic laughably absured.

Quote:
What was once able to produce "You" ceases to function . . . but that does not account for the "You" that was produced during its lifelong production period. You have been producing "You" for a long time . . . all talk of illusions is just that . . . illusion.
The "I" that is produced is not a tangible, lingering item but a consciousness that only exists within my brain. What you think you're babbling about, I have no idea, but it bears no resemblance to reality.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No one ever has 'complete knowledge' of any claims. This means that by your logic ... ...no one should ever point out the baselessness of claims. Which makes your logic laughably absured.
The "I" that is produced is not a tangible, lingering item but a consciousness that only exists within my brain. What you think you're babbling about, I have no idea, but it bears no resemblance to reality.
There is NOTHING that identifiably manifests in this reality and interacts with this reality that is NOT some form of field/energy/mass. "You" . . . as manifest in what you experience as awareness . . . are the composite field energy form I am actually engaging here on the forum. It is certainly NOT your physical body. It is an identifiable abstract intelligence that is produced by energy transformations in individual neuronal processes . . . but it is NOT the individual neuronal processes. "You" do not respond or experience yourself as individual neuronal activity. "You" respond and experience yourself as the composite "You" manifesting in a resonant neural field within the unified field. Being produced by and using the brain does not mean "You" are the brain. "You" are the product of the brain. The product is NOT the factory. It is a completely different form of field/energy/mass from the physical matter of the brain.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 AM

19,810 posts, read 19,905,205 times
If you've been around enough and read Mystic enough, you'll realize that, although he claims a desire to put things on a level even a stupid or ignorant uneducated person like me can understand, his only real interest is discussions with the more scientifically qualified which gives him and his ideas a certain amount of legitimacy in his mind...that they're even worth those technical attentions.
He is so enamored of all the quasi-scientific mumbo-jumbo of his ideas that he misses the forest for the trees.
The forest being something that even dumb people like me knows is there.
I do sit here relishing the remembrance of a time when I did, at least, get an "I don't know..I haven't figured that part out yet" from him.( IIRC, the "I don't know" is verbatim....the rest is probably para-phrased.)

Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 AM

3,637 posts, read 2,698,018 times
Quote:
So you simply do not remember them or you expect me to reiterate them from among my 19,000+ posts.
No - I expect you to answer the question. Vague hand waving at your post count is a dodge - not an answer. I can not reject evidence that has not been given.

Quote:
but you NEVER have ever addressed them substantively.
I have explained to you numerous times that I can only address with substance - that which is offered with substance. You have not - therefore I can not. This is - let me be the one to stay on topic evne if you refuse to - a thread about life after death.

Your claim is that human consciousness survives death. That it can exist seperate to the brain in our heads.

You have not supported this assertion in _any way whatsoever_. The sum total of what you have offered us to date in 19000 posts is:

1) You were "meditating" and possibly snoozing one day when you got the feeling of there being a consciousness external to you - so you decided this feeling must be true - therefore god.

2) You have no evidence but this is only because we have not measured Dark Matter yet.

Now you can whine again that I am misrepresenting you but whatever number of posts I have read from you (clearly not all 19000) I have not seen anything on offer from you to support the idea of an after life - or of consciousness surviving the death of the brain - that does not fall into category 1 or 2 above.

Do you - or do you not - have a single shred of evidence that demonstrates that human consciousness can exist independently of the brain - or can survive the biological death of that brain? If "no" - then what are you even doing here? If "yes" then please present it - for once.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If you've been around enough and read Mystic enough, you'll realize that, although he claims a desire to put things on a level even a stupid or ignorant uneducated person like me can understand, his only real interest is discussions with the more scientifically qualified which gives him and his ideas a certain amount of legitimacy in his mind...that they're even worth those technical attentions.
He is so enamored of all the quasi-scientific mumbo-jumbo of his ideas that he misses the forest for the trees.
The forest being something that even dumb people like me knows is there.
I do sit here relishing the remembrance of a time when I did, at least, get an "I don't know..I haven't figured that part out yet" from him.( IIRC, the "I don't know" is verbatim....the rest is probably para-phrased.)
I am saddened by your hostility, old_cold . . . but I think I understand it. My certainty is uncompromising and gives the impression of arrogance. I enjoy engaging those who DO know the science because it sharpens my understanding . . . the old "iron sharpens iron" adage. That you consider it all "quasi-scientific mumbo-jumbo" does not bother me so much as the hostility toward me that it seems to generate. Forgive me for any appearance of arrogance or artifice, old_cold. I am quite sincere and also quite certain that God exists.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 02-25-2014 at 09:41 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
No - I expect you to answer the question. Vague hand waving at your post count is a dodge - not an answer. I can not reject evidence that has not been given.
Your dogged dismissals without justification are clearly designed to antagonize . . . not obtain clarification. You are back on ignore where you can continue to post your nonsense and then pretend that I cannot answer your posts. Have a nice day.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 PM

19,810 posts, read 19,905,205 times
Quote:
the hostility toward me that it seems to generate. Forgive me for any appearance of arrogance or artifice, old_cold. I am quite sincere and also quite certain that God exists.

I resolved quite some time ago to no longer post in your threads and should have stuck to it , however, what you term the 'appearance of arrogance' is so close to the real thing, that I guess only you can tell the difference and that occasionally does give rise to the 'appearance of hostility".
But, trust me, you'd prefer that hostility is what I feel rather than what I actually do.
I have no doubt you are sincere and certain in your belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism