U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 03:06 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,460,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The mind plays too many tricks too readily.
Exactly!! That's basically what I was trying to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 05:41 PM

743 posts, read 1,394,295 times
Wow, I had no idea that there was such a thing as Fundie Atheists.
Why are you all putting yourselves down to some kind of high-functioning Robots?
You are energy. As such you are connected to all the other energy/centers of consciousness, like light bulbs on a string. There is a part of your brain that is like a transceiver; therefor you can and do send and receive thoughts from others; especially those you are bonded to in some way.

Assuming that you all have some knowledge of science you must know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Your mind/consciousness is that energy that cannot be destroyed. Only the body dies.

I'm an Atheist. I believe from experience in precognition and reincarnation. I also believe that thoughts are things(energy vortexes) and given enough energy(via emotion and repetition) they do manifest in your reality.

This might be a good place to start to learn.
Is this universe one big sea of energy - are we all connected?

None of this is new to me. I've been a "student" of the mind sciences for about 60 years. In my early years I was a Rosicrucian for a while. Then I found a source of books and more books. I think I have read them all. The new ones are a rehash of the old ones.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Wow, I had no idea that there was such a thing as Fundie Atheists.
Why are you all putting yourselves down to some kind of high-functioning Robots?
You are energy. As such you are connected to all the other energy/centers of consciousness, like light bulbs on a string. There is a part of your brain that is like a transceiver; therefor you can and do send and receive thoughts from others; especially those you are bonded to in some way.

Assuming that you all have some knowledge of science you must know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Your mind/consciousness is that energy that cannot be destroyed. Only the body dies.

I'm an Atheist. I believe from experience in precognition and reincarnation. I also believe that thoughts are things(energy vortexes) and given enough energy(via emotion and repetition) they do manifest in your reality.

This might be a good place to start to learn.
Is this universe one big sea of energy - are we all connected?

None of this is new to me. I've been a "student" of the mind sciences for about 60 years. In my early years I was a Rosicrucian for a while. Then I found a source of books and more books. I think I have read them all. The new ones are a rehash of the old ones.
Dang MysticPhd is that you?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 PM

40,310 posts, read 26,882,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
No . . . but it is amazing how often I am mistaken for those who hold similar mystical views. The Rosicrucians are a mystery sect that possess many esoteric writings to support their mysticism.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:13 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,893,656 times
This reminds me of MLK's famous I have a dream speech where people still believe that he saw his assassination coming. He'd been giving that same speech for more than a year while getting constant death threats. No doubt he felt his days were numbered. No dreams needed.

I don't believe folks who claim to have seen something before it happened. You ever notice how they tell you they saw the event after the event happened. How about a heads up. That would be slightly more credible, but that wont happen, because it's BS.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:02 AM

39,502 posts, read 11,004,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
I used to think deja vu was real until I read more about the plasticity of memories and how the brain works. Now I think it's most likely a glitch in your memory circuits.
Thanks. Yes deja vu puzzled me in my youth - there were a lot of questions that did - it was a thing like voices, but I always thought that it was something going on in my head and never really thought that the explanation would prove a soul or afterlife or do anything to support religion.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Yes, I thought of Mystic's 'Universal field' theory, when I read that. Of course the string of light - bulbs and sea of energy might have something as a theory, but there is no reason to take it as true, and the 'robotic' aspect is more of a slamming as 'Fundie atheists' all those who see the functioning of the brain as a rather better explanation, given the lack of anything more substantial.

'Energy cannot be destroyed' is of course irrelevant and only used rather like the 'nothing can come from nothing' mantra to try to force a conclusion of 'Soul' or 'God' which neither mantra - even if they are true - really supports.

If our posting pal really is an atheist, he is certainly not a rationalist atheist.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 AM

4,917 posts, read 3,992,555 times
The one I cannot explain is this

I walked into an old friend's house which I had not visited in decades. In the living room, I could see my grandmother sitting on a chair, wearing an oxygen mask. She looked at me as I walked by but said nothing. Minutes later, I observed her in the bedroom undoing her bed as though she were going off to sleep.

When I awoke the next morning, I was informed that she had died that very night

She was ill with terminal cancer, and her suffering had weighed heavy on me, as she was uncomfortable and there was nothing anyone could do. It certainly took a toll on my parents as well. Her death was impending and not unexpected.

A few people told me that she was using the dream to contact me one last time. but why only me, why not the other grandkids, or her own kids? I seem to be the only one who had the dream.

Years later, my grandfather died from cancer as well. I think it was a combination of cancer, depression and loneliness. For many years, up to about a year ago, I had frequent dreams of visiting him in his house. I knew he was dead, a few rare occasions my grandmother was there too, but in these dreams, he could never leave his house and I could only say "For a short time"
No explanation, but some on this forum suggested rightly that I probably had unfinished business with them, I never got to have "one last visit" with them and perhaps that has affected my dreams down the road.

Either way, I cannot explain WHY I only had that dream the night she died, not any of the other months that she was pronounced as "end stage" and given only weeks to live

Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Intriguing story, Kingkat. That one definitely goes in the 'Unexplained' folder.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . but it is amazing how often I am mistaken for those who hold similar mystical views. The Rosicrucians are a mystery sect that possess many esoteric writings to support their mysticism.
Ok so explain mysticism to us laymen that may not understand it......k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism