U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:54 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,889,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
From this article in CNN today (For some fans, Super Bowl has supernatural twist):

Personally, I'm praying for some really cute puppy antics during the Puppy Bowl.
Looks like the devil spent most of his time in Denver, and God loves coffee houses and an ocean view. lol

That game was soooooo sad........sometimes God does things and we don't understand why until later. I'm sure this is what happened with the SuperBowl this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,974,996 times
TODAY...
I had a lady tell me " THANK JESUS" that she was getting well.
Not Thank the Doctors nurses therapy team that has gotten her this far.
Of course, I did not point out that God will not be growing her leg back, and that if we had not removed her leg last Fall she would be dead now...... But Thank Jesus, she only lost her leg, not her life.

I'd be thanking a lot of people for their help. When I was laid up sick years ago after emergency surgery, has multiple operations and IV antibiotics, etc etc I did not thank Jesus. The way I see it, had there been a God, and had he been doing his job, none of this would have happened anyway.
But the reality is that bacteria got into a part of my body where they should not have, and due to a chronic inflammatory response, causing an abscess, then a perforation, and almost death. It was the newly marketed antibiotics and the skill of the best surgeon around that saved my life. It was the expert care of the nurses and the therapists that allowed me to become strong again. It was technology and training, not prayers and superstition, that got me well.

The Dr said that he was amazed that I even walked into the hospital as bad as I was. And he was amazed at how fat I healed, although I attribute this to his and his associate's skill and insight. I would say again, God did nothing to prevent this, and God did nothing to cure it.

Illness happens. Cures happen too. Funny how the one legged lady today, who still has not recovered enough after 4 months to wear a wooden leg even, says "Thank Jesus" that she is doing so well. Oh and she is nearly blind too. Cataracts plus macular degeneration. Maybe Jesus forgot to fix her eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism