U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 AM

39,257 posts, read 10,922,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I don't think the problem is his moral compass, I think it's his customers. When they find out he is an atheist, he might encounter a boycott out in front of his store. But hey, on the bright side at least he can serve gays in clear conscious. lol

I'm getting new business ideas though.
I actually want to see Atheist Barbie on the shelves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 AM

41,206 posts, read 18,619,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I actually want to see Atheist Barbie on the shelves.
Interesting concept, Atheist Barbie. What could they do with Barbie to indicate that she is an atheist? There aren't any particular atheist fashions or hair styles, how would they depict non belief in a doll? The especially intelligent look on her face? A shirt with a picture of Jesus with a circle/slash?

Beyond Barbie, the idea of atheist as an adjective designating specific things or places for atheists, is a tough sell. The Atheist Cafe? The Atheist Cruise? The Young Atheists Activity League? The Atheists Day Parade?

The theists are so much better organized.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 AM

39,257 posts, read 10,922,331 times
I gather it IS on the shelves

onegoodmove: Atheist Barbie by Blag Hag

Barbie would look good in a Hijab.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM

41,206 posts, read 18,619,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I gather it IS on the shelves

onegoodmove: Atheist Barbie by Blag Hag

Barbie would look good in a Hijab.
With the exception of the t-shirt which contains writing, there isn't anything there which would cause someone to conclude that this was atheist Barbie. Explanations were needed for everything else and they were stretches, like citing her laptop bag, which looks like any other laptop bag, as one for toting atheist materials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or