Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM

64 posts, read 64,297 times

Advertisements

Though disputing God is a topic some atheists enjoy dwelling on, let us not talk about God in this thread.

Let’s talk about your purpose in your life at this time in this world that is facing the Great Waves of change and clandestine intrusion by extraterrestrial forces.

The world is changing. It is undergoing a tremendous stress. The chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Rajendra Pachauri, stated that “Nobody on this planet is going to be untouched by the impacts of climate change” which are likely to threaten our health, homes, food, and safety. I don’t have to mention climate change or global warming for the staunchest deniers of such phenomena to know that violent weather events are occurring in the world in closer and closer intervals. You only need to go to a grocery store to see how much food prices have risen just within the past few years.

We’re living in a world of declining resources and economy, diminishing arable land and fresh water, escalating poverty and geopolitical tension, increasing average global temperature and population, and…we’re in the midst of an invisible war against the ET Intervention, a war that is carried out in the mental environment largely unbeknownst to the human race that is ignorant and unprepared for such war. (Please see Are You Pacified by the Extraterrestrial Intervention?).

Many people in the world are feeling discomfort. They know deep within themselves that the world is becoming unstable – climatically, economically, environmentally, and politically.

If you can see objectively without any fear, denial, or preference, then you will know that the situation will only worsen in the future, for there is no worldwide consensus but many arguments on the veracity of each of the global issues the human race is facing. Without the true awareness and acceptance of the reality that is occurring, how can any focused cooperative effort be generated in the world to mitigate those issues? Many people want to just shove them under the rug, particularly if they feel that they have not yet personally experienced the ET Intervention or they happen to live in wealthier nations where they have not yet been struck by the harshest conditions produced by the Great Waves of change.

Are you such an individual? Do you feel that resolutions of the global issues are someone else’s responsibilities?

Or…are you drawn to contributing for the benefit of the human race?

What is your purpose in life, given the circumstances of the world currently?

These are important questions that cannot be posed lightly. If you seek answers to those questions from your surface thinking mind, your intellect, you are likely to provide quick answers that will merely comfort you, so that you can return to the casual life that you were living.

If the world is changing, we must change along with it in order to resolve what we can now and to adapt to the changes that result from the global issues that are beyond resolution. You cannot remain where you are and expect these to happen, can you?

Last edited by ResistTheETIntervention; 04-09-2014 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Default What is Your Purpose?

What can you do in the world facing the Great Waves of change and the covert invasion by intelligent races from outer space? What must you do? What can you do to prepare?

We must all consider them deeply, for we, all of human beings, individually and collectively, have the responsibilities in resolving all our global issues. I urge you to pose these questions and earnestly seek the answers from your deeper knowing mind, Knowledge, as opposed to your surface thinking mind, your intellect.

What is Knowledge? It is not a body of information, set of ideas, or system of beliefs. It is not the intellect that you have created since your birth. It is not your thinking mind. It is your deeper mind that is the source of your integrity, wisdom, and true courage. It is the part of you that cannot be corrupted, altered, or manipulated.

You may have perhaps had an experience of inexplicable knowing – something you couldn’t possibly know from your surface mind but did. You may have had a profound intuition or great insight that was beyond your intellect. Perhaps you know of someone who has had such experiences. You may have jumped into a dangerous situation to save another person without thinking twice, when you wouldn’t consider such actions by the logic of your surface mind. You were perhaps moved to take selfless actions to contribute for the good of humanity when you would clearly benefit from self-serving goals.

Those are some of the outward manifestations of Knowledge, your deeper mind.

It is this deeper part of you that I speak to.

What is your purpose?

Last edited by ResistTheETIntervention; 04-09-2014 at 08:30 AM..

Old 04-09-2014, 08:14 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,484,365 times
Watch "The Ultimate Warrior Load The Spaceship With The …" on YouTube
The Ultimate Warrior Load The Spaceship With The …: The Ultimate Warrior Load The Spaceship With The Rocket Fuel - YouTube

RIP. Jim Warrior.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,492,491 times
I have got to crack that nightime level on Plants and Zombies before I can turn in the dinner pail.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,023,239 times
Yeah, Steroids had to play a part in that short life RIP Ultimate Warrior

I remember back in the 70s when ETs first arrived, mildly entertaining but nothing worth watching a second time around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygymejkA_CM

Old 04-09-2014, 05:53 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,853,953 times
I don't believe I have a purpose, per se. I mean I'm not here curing cancer or anything.

But I know what I want people to say when I die. I want them to say, "OMG. She was FUNNY." I love to make people laugh. I wisecrack constantly. If I could have a "purpose" of any sort, I'd say that's it: to make people laugh, and have a lighter day.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't believe I have a purpose, per se. I mean I'm not here curing cancer or anything.

But I know what I want people to say when I die. I want them to say, "OMG. She was FUNNY." I love to make people laugh. I wisecrack constantly. If I could have a "purpose" of any sort, I'd say that's it: to make people laugh, and have a lighter day.
What you perceive to be your personal strengths and even weaknesses can be directed and used appropriately in fulfilling your purpose, of course. However, what you think or imagine it to be your purpose is very unlikely your actual purpose for being in the world at this time.

I urge you to quiet your mind as much as you can in a quiet place, and continue to ask earnestly again and again without providing any answers: “What ismy purpose?” The answer may not come immediately; it may come in stages. If you’re seeking earnestly, you’ll be very patient. You’ll need to be attentive and alert. See if life provides you any signs. Your deeper knowing mind, Knowledge, will know whether you sincerely seek true answers or are merely trifling with the idea. If your intention is genuine and worthy, you will be led to the answer you are seeking.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:41 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,773,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheETIntervention View Post
What you perceive to be your personal strengths and even weaknesses can be directed and used appropriately in fulfilling your purpose, of course. However, what you think or imagine it to be your purpose is very unlikely your actual purpose for being in the world at this time.

I urge you to quiet your mind as much as you can in a quiet place, and continue to ask earnestly again and again without providing any answers: “What ismy purpose?” The answer may not come immediately; it may come in stages. If you’re seeking earnestly, you’ll be very patient. You’ll need to be attentive and alert. See if life provides you any signs. Your deeper knowing mind, Knowledge, will know whether you sincerely seek true answers or are merely trifling with the idea. If your intention is genuine and worthy, you will be led to the answer you are seeking.
So you really don't want to talk about our purposes in life, you want to talk about your idea of what they should be... No thanks.

I would be interested in have a conversation about the first, but not so much the second...
-NoCapo

Old 04-10-2014, 05:49 PM

5,873 posts, read 3,750,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Yeah!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:03 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,977,874 times
In light of the astonishing series of accidents and coincidences required for a planet capable of sustaining life to come into being, followed by the astonishing series of accidents and coincidences required to produce human beings, followed by the astonishing series of accidents and coincidences required to produce me in particular, it does not seem possible that I am part of any particular plan. If I am, it is not a plan which the planners chose to make apparent to me.

Which means that if your life is to have a purpose, you must invent it yourself, that is if you feel the need to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism