U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 04:45 AM

39,107 posts, read 10,849,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissily Mordentroge View Post
Why does anyone need to equate a theory of Universal field, or anything similar, with God?
Because it would otherwise be off -topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:14 AM

19,810 posts, read 19,905,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Because it would otherwise be off -topic.
Ah, what the hell. It already is out of place since most of it is about Mystic trying to argue for god in the A&A section.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:32 AM

3,404 posts, read 2,250,975 times
Quote:
So I do hope that our savants can see whether the efforts to make a theory of Universal field (Aka "God") stand up in terms of quantum if physics will not serve, because I certainly don't understand quantum.
"On the other hand, I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." - Richard P. Feynman

-NoCapo

Old 02-11-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
"On the other hand, I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." - Richard P. Feynman

-NoCapo
The most memorable Quantum quote is that anyone who says they understand quantum physics, doesn't understand it.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 AM

343 posts, read 246,301 times
Its very simple, at least the issue of measure and all the pop science woo.

If someone goes and stands beside a tree on a very windy day, the tree will be affected in so far as the ongoing wind and will not behave as though in the wind.

If a person or detector is at the slit they are in fact moving at the speed of light relative to the proposed , the proposed don't forget is a stationary or contained still proton. Instead of a common ground association with mass or the body of a person and the body of a tree, there is the quantum functioning of the brain , so one proton is moving at the speed of light ( wind now represented by space and time subject to gravity all an expressed force) and the other is able to make a representing still and mark it on the board. So the experts know this and appropriately introduce the entangling . The pop science suggestion that our measure means that everything in waves and so on are subject to some kind of everywhere consciousness won't fly under any reasonable idea. Or in other words these ideas which hold the moon isn't there or the sound of the tree falling and all those wild ideas including a thing exists or -manifests itself- because you measure it. If the suggestion is it is able to be known -out of your measure that is a completely different thing all together and so what, but its not the alleged. Man doesn't cause effect the setting in opinion he exists together with it. That was my only interest to speak to in this as opinion plus I always regret posting on this subject. No matter which way you flip it there is the wind and something else which is together effecting things. It more gets into digital ideas then anything else, how the mind process' thought , is their a mental doorway, from what I understand which bear in mind is very limited to say the least. As far as whatever connecting deep reasons all it suggests is we have wind and things in the wind where reactions take place. If the reactions suggest deep meanings ok fine but the alleged is usually not a suggestion but a demanding assertion.

Last edited by Sophronius; 02-11-2015 at 10:44 AM..

Old 02-11-2015, 10:25 AM

I'm afraid you lost me at the observer at the slit apparently moving at the speed of light relative to the (observed proton?) and I was left behind thereafter.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I'm afraid you lost me at the observer at the slit apparently moving at the speed of light relative to the (observed proton?) and I was left behind thereafter.
The outcome of two things moving either away from each other or towards each other wouldn't have any bearing on which of the two are doing the moving. So the outcome of an asteroid moving towards the earth and missing would be the same outcome as the earth moving toward the asteroid and missing the asteroid. But its just an idea for the thing in forgetting about it which would be wrong because I don't have the knowledge, more of an exercise in writing it out and complaining about assertions.

Last edited by Sophronius; 02-11-2015 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-11-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
The outcome of two things moving either away from each other or towards each other wouldn't have any bearing on which of the two are doing the moving. So the outcome of an asteroid moving towards the earth and missing would be the same outcome as the earth moving toward the asteroid and missing the asteroid. But its just an idea for the thing in forgetting about it which would be wrong because I don't have the knowledge, more of an exercise in writing it out and complaining about assertions.
Yes, I understand about that - part of the theory of relativity (which is of not just -a -theory -but well -demonstrated fact) isn't it? So two objects moving towards each other at say 2 thirds the speed of light would not individually be exceeding the speed of light (which is supposed to be impossible in physics) but relatively speaking, both would have exceeded the speed of light and would have defied the laws of physics without actually breaking the laws of physics.

Did you have something like that in mind?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM

Thanks , I only wanted to get at the nature and meaning in the word measure and some of the wild assertions as though there is absolute proof. I think that best explains and hope the thing goes well , ( lost interest in the topic since about 2-3 years.)

Last edited by Sophronius; 02-11-2015 at 12:17 PM..

Old 02-12-2015, 05:04 AM

93 posts, read 66,300 times
<snipping vacuous bluster>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I prefer to think it is because you do not believe there ARE any such implications translatable to a lay audience.
The opposite is true. I there are very profound philosophical implications that are easily understood by the lay audience.

The single most important implication is the fundamental character of nature is qualitatively different from our classical conceptualisations of things like particles and fields. This is the implication you need to internalise. Your quest to "translate" equations into classical entities is as futile as trying to determine the colour of radio waves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjgzmGAODc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or