U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,923,140 times

Advertisements

I just cant wait to watch it.

The Unbelievers - What are you willing to believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 12:04 AM

7,945 posts, read 4,743,081 times
Noticed your location is Sarasota, Krauss is going to Orlando in October to show the film. I think it's hosted by the FL Humanists
check out this link FreeFlo2014 | Freethought Florida Conference
But before then, they are going to LA and Canada, check out the schedule here The Unbelievers - What are you willing to believe?

Hope the movie turns out good, and that a lot of minds are expanded and ignited for change.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM

35,271 posts, read 19,307,980 times
Hope it comes out on Netflix soon, because there's almost no chance it'll hit a theater near me.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:55 AM

857 posts, read 1,260,419 times
I saw this film when Krauss and Dawkins came to Columbus. The movie is interesting but it really focuses more on what its like to be Dawkins and Krauss and is less about trying to enlighten people. The movie follows them as they go on various shows and give speeches and also shows a bit of behind the scenes type footage. But this movie will not really expose you to anything new. The creators of the film themselves said that this movie was not meant to "convert" people or anything like that. They just wanted to show people what its like to be these two guys.

That being said the open discussion afterwards with Krauss and Dawkins was brilliant. It was great to see them in person and hear them answer questions from the audience. If anyone gets the chance to see these guys present the movie I highly recommend going.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:21 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,109,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I saw this film when Krauss and Dawkins came to Columbus. The movie is interesting but it really focuses more on what its like to be Dawkins and Krauss and is less about trying to enlighten people. The movie follows them as they go on various shows and give speeches and also shows a bit of behind the scenes type footage. But this movie will not really expose you to anything new. The creators of the film themselves said that this movie was not meant to "convert" people or anything like that. They just wanted to show people what its like to be these two guys.

That being said the open discussion afterwards with Krauss and Dawkins was brilliant. It was great to see them in person and hear them answer questions from the audience. If anyone gets the chance to see these guys present the movie I highly recommend going.
That's it, huh? I'd probably still see it, but. Originally on the movie website many other "unbelievers" of some notoriety were listed, so I assumed there were going to be short profiles of all of them, or at least interviews about the atheism of each. Apparently that group of 20 or more was reduced to two (albeit the two best, arguably). I saw Krauss speak at NYU in May 2012, and even though that speech was ostensibly about cosmology, he made sure to make fun of religion a few times, name-dropping "my friend Richard Dawkins" and "my friend Christopher Hitchens" multiple times along the way.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,923,140 times
I do plan to go to Orlando, for more reasons than just seeing the actual movie. It'll be a fun night there.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM

8 posts, read 4,189 times
Hmm, never heard of this. Will keep an eye for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism