Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:00 PM

60 posts, read 43,748 times

Advertisements

MODERATOR, please check the link. This is a video on how Zoltan Istvan wants to combine atheism and transhumanism, and spread the ideas of how it can happen. The channel is also called atheist analysis and talks about atheism. This is for all you guys that might be seeing me as insane and such. This thread is completely about atheism and agnosticism...ENJOY. Please check the link before filing complaints. This will answer questions for many of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoXvO2Q66M

Old 10-16-2014, 05:02 PM

My question is for you guys, how many of you will support this more currently and frequently?...if you desire to live pretty much forever. You still have the freedom to die and respect, but we can really start a more popular movement for Atheism, nihilism, and agnosticism.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:47 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,968,969 times
Do you have a bet going with someone regarding how rapidly you can get yourself banned on these forums?

Old 10-16-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Do you have a bet going with someone regarding how rapidly you can get yourself banned on these forums?
How can I get banned for this? Did you see what I said , did you watch the video either?
Why do you hate me? You are definetly the most annoyed from me for whatever reason. Are you stressed, I just want to be friends. This thread is completely about atheism and the conversation of atheism and its effects and where its going. Watch the video you wont regret. The moderator cant get mad at this thread, it follows the rules I strongly believe.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:14 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,730,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Atheist View Post
MODERATOR, please check the link. This is a video on how Zoltan Istvan wants to combine atheism and transhumanism, and spread the ideas of how it can happen. The channel is also called atheist analysis and talks about atheism. This is for all you guys that might be seeing me as insane and such. This thread is completely about atheism and agnosticism...ENJOY. Please check the link before filing complaints. This will answer questions for many of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoXvO2Q66M

Ignoring the myriad other issues of this thread promising to be a train-wreck, I'd just like to offer this:
You might want to tweak your "Hey, just watch this One-Hour-Thirty-Five Minute video from Zoltan!" pitch.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM

48,564 posts, read 23,968,969 times
Quote:
How can I get banned for this? Did you see what I said , did you watch the video either?
Why do you hate me? You are definetly the most annoyed from me for whatever reason. Are you stressed, I just want to be friends. This thread is completely about atheism and the conversation of atheism and its effects and where its going. Watch the video you wont regret. The moderator cant get mad at this thread, it follows the rules I strongly believe.
Four other threads concerning the same topic have been closed because they do not relate to the topic of atheism. One would think that you would get the hint, but apparently a safe has to be dropped on your head. I suspect one will be landing soon.

BTW....My impression is that you believe you are on to something new here. In reality there has not been a single concept introduced by you that was not contained in the 1971 Zager and Evans song "Hydra 15,000."
Zager and Evans were the guys who had the # 1 single of 1969, "In The Year 2525" which itself touches on the issues you raise here. "Hydra 15000" was never a hit as a single, it was on a later album called "Food For the Mind", and it is all about replacing the human race with a superior, engineered version of individuals who have had their bad impulses removed. I've tried to find a copy of the lyrics for you, but have been unable to do so.

I do not know you, so I do not hate you, that you are unable to distinguish my bemusement over your immaturity from hatred, is one of the things which bemuses, but not surprises, me.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Ignoring the myriad other issues of this thread promising to be a train-wreck, I'd just like to offer this:
You might want to tweak your "Hey, just watch this One-Hour-Thirty-Five Minute video from Zoltan!" pitch.
Okay, then just watch it throughout the day. Are you really arguing that it's soninconvient that someone is talking and all you have to do is watch or just hear. How many calories does that burn? Watch it in bits once a day for the whole week. There are much longer podcast by atheist.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Four other threads concerning the same topic have been closed because they do not relate to the topic of atheism. One would think that you would get the hint, but apparently a safe has to be dropped on your head. I suspect one will be landing soon.

BTW....My impression is that you believe you are on to something new here. In reality there has not been a single concept introduced by you that was not contained in the 1971 Zager and Evans song "Hydra 15,000."
Zager and Evans were the guys who had the # 1 single of 1969, "In The Year 2525" which itself touches on the issues you raise here. "Hydra 15000" was never a hit as a single, it was on a later album called "Food For the Mind", and it is all about replacing the human race with a superior, engineered version of individuals who have had their bad impulses removed. I've tried to find a copy of the lyrics for you, but have been unable to do so.

I do not know you, so I do not hate you, that you are unable to distinguish my bemusement over your immaturity from hatred, is one of the things which bemuses, but not surprises, me.
Haha. I know transhumanism is old. I have parents and a couple of grandparents that have shared experiences. The reason it's booming again is because of progressive young people wanting to stand up more for this. Atheism is really old too. You suggest a safe be dropped on my head? How did your comment not get censored? What is this? Haha. But I'm okay. This thread is a lot more maturely placed and atheist than the others. The video also includes atheist talking about the topic with an interview. Did you watch it? How old are you, I'm just curious. I'm glad you don't hate me, thank you. The only thing new is obviously the rising new technology and people supporting it. People who are atheist and want atheist to see the bigger picture.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM

I found the lyrics .
Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

It's very dystopian cyberpunk, atheist Transhumans want a utopia . But cool song mostly.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,470,225 times
Quote:
My question is for you guys, how many of you will support this more currently and frequently?...if you desire to live pretty much forever. You still have the freedom to die and respect, but we can really start a more popular movement for Atheism, nihilism, and agnosticism.
My Beliefs are to use observations to describe the things we see around us as best we can. I see many atheist forming up behind people and under flags. Making blind faith statements like "there is no higher power (without proper clarifications). They meet with like minded people to discuss the "real truth" they have. They go on to describe people that don't think like them as "delusional", "weak", and "the root of evil".

sounds awful familiar.

man I get the "safe on the head" thing. I need that tooooo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism