Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:23 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,483,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is nothing wrong with the mathematics, Arq. All the dispute is over the ontology that I infer from it. I know you simply do not get it . . . CHANCE is not an explanation of anything. It is a expression of our collective ignorance, period. So to credit chance with ANYTHING that happens in our reality is to credit our ignorance. Ah Arq . . . your opinion of your intellect and understanding parallels the certainty of the fundamentalists on the other side of the issue. Frankly your untrained intellect does quite well . . . but your willingness to profess certainty on a flimsey fact base does you no justice whatever, my friend. Stick with the truth . . . "We do NOT know." It is wiser.
That's an improvement on your previous scorn. I will leave the mathematics to others. And in fact my untrained mind with the most basic of rule of thumb informal logic is quite able to cleatly see the very familiar inversion of the whole argument. 'We do not know' is the whole of our argument. certainly based on a flimsy fact - you have had an experience - is yours.

Our certainly is confined to being certain that all of your arguments are without merit. It's really quite fascinating to see you constantly directing our attention to the point of the argument while consistently missing it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism