Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 02:18 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times

Advertisements

that's right Dusty! being a christian is a requirement in order to belong to the KKK and nazi party...go figure!! It doesn't get much nuttier than that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
that's right Dusty! being a christian is a requirement in order to belong to the KKK and nazi party...go figure!! It doesn't get much nuttier than that!!!
Maybe in some alternate history, but in our history many Nazis weren't Christian. Heinrich Himmler was into a mix of Hinduism and the occult. Rudolf Hess tended toward occultism and was in the Thule society. The majority of Nazis were at least nominal Christians, but Christianity was never a requirement.

Among prominent Neo-Nazis Savitri Devi was an eccentric kind of Hindu and Matthew Hale was a member of some nontheistic religion.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:32 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Maybe in some alternate history, but in our history many Nazis weren't Christian. Heinrich Himmler was into a mix of Hinduism and the occult. Rudolf Hess tended toward occultism and was in the Thule society. The majority of Nazis were at least nominal Christians, but Christianity was never a requirement.

Among prominent Neo-Nazis Savitri Devi was an eccentric kind of Hindu and Matthew Hale was a member of some nontheistic religion.
it does make me wonder how well you can read, I specifically said the ku klux klan and the american nazi party. When in a crowd (these two groups are not mutually exclusive) they will introduce one to another (so they don't say aloud that they are klan or nazi) with this phrase "let me introduce you to a good christian man!"

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 08-23-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Had I stayed more than a few days in Belgium, I would have gained a lot of weight, excellent chocolate!!!!! Nice people too, or, at least the ones I met.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
On what basis do you think the American Nazi Party requires its members be Christian? George Lincoln Rockwell was an agnostic according to Wikipedia. William Luther Pierce, of the Turner Diaries infamy, was a "cosmotheist." Granted the Aryan Nations are from "Christian Identity", which is a highly Anti-Semitic/Nazi form of Christianity.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times
LOL Dusty! you must have met the few nice people of Belgium!! I think English people are much nicer...I agree about the chocolate though

Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
it does make me wonder how well you can read, I specifically said the ku klux klan and the american nazi party. When in a crowd (these two groups are not mutually exclusive) they will introduce one to another (so they don't say aloud that they are klan or nazi) with this phrase "let me introduce you to a good christian man!"
yup.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Well since the time I started this thread (under an older screen name), I still look around for some here and there. The funny thing is, I have a Facebook account and some of my friends come on their pages preaching, quoting scriptures or giving prayers. They often get a haughty "AMEN," or "that's right!" The few times I have thrown up anything remotely resembling disbelief in the bible's god, you could hear the gasps followed by "what's wrong with you?"

Old 08-24-2009, 03:13 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
The Black Panther Party was a Marxist-Leninist/Maoist group, so I would imagine quite of few of them (especially Newton and Seale) were atheists.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
You know it's interesting but just recently on a trip to the Washington, DC area I met a woman who is an African-American and is an Atheist, she said that her father was a Baptist minister and her mother was a Methodist and that while she was in college and started questioning things about religion, that that was the time that she became an Atheist, interesting how those of higher education who's questions about religion cannot be answered to any satisfaction, begin to think for themselves and will walk away from the religion they were brought up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism