Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:58 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Darwin appeared to me last night. He said that all of you are wrong and that his True Message has been corrupted since he ascended into heaven over 100 years ago. He said that I am now his Final Prophet. He dictated his Final Revelation to me: it is called the Book of Freak. The Book of Freak is the infallible and inerrant Word of Darwin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
To me, this sounds like someone trying to "cash in" on atheists. Mega churches to me are used to make money-they could care less about religion. They prey (and pray) on, dare I say, "stupid people" who can't think for themselves. What's the saying, "A fool and his money is soon parted." And of course they can do it tax free.

My husband keeps telling me that we should declare our house a "church" so we don't have to pay property taxes on it.

Cat

Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBONyc View Post
I'd be keen to hear what others think of it.
I'll stick to golfing, or working on my cars or playing with kids.

I bet there's some sort of money angle on it.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:09 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Darwin appeared to me last night. He said that all of you are wrong and that his True Message has been corrupted since he ascended into heaven over 100 years ago. He said that I am now his Final Prophet. He dictated his Final Revelation to me: it is called the Book of Freak. The Book of Freak is the infallible and inerrant Word of Darwin.
I must denounce you as an antibod, if not THE Antibod. If Darwin would appear to anyone in a revelationary revelation, it would be Me. ME, do you hear? I call on all True Darwinists to burn the Book of Freak, available in the shops $15 dollars.
Shall we organize a book burning and we can count the money by the firelight?

Old 06-16-2015, 02:43 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
AREQUIPA
Quote:
I must denounce you as an antibod, if not THE Antibod. If Darwin would appear to anyone in a revelationary revelation, it would be Me. ME, do you hear?
Wait, are you saying that your beliefs are based on a "personal experience" which you refuse to describe, but has led you to understand that it is all about "agape love?"

btw...I don't think that "revelationary" is actually a word, but if we assume that it is, what then would be an example of a non revelationary revelation?

Old 06-16-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
AREQUIPA

Wait, are you saying that your beliefs are based on a "personal experience" which you refuse to describe, but has led you to understand that it is all about "agape love?"
Yes..or no. Or whatever will win the arguments.

Quote:
btw...I don't think that "revelationary" is actually a word, but if we assume that it is, what then would be an example of a non revelationary revelation?
If revelationary is not a 'Word' according to mere limited human understanding, that proves that I am getting Darwinian revelations.

P.s Interestingly, Dictionaries apparently refuse to comment on whether 'Revelationary' (1) is a word and refuse to discuss it.

(1) not to be confused with 'Relevationery' which is notepaper with religious quotations on.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the rep. Ifn I only hadda eddicashun I could due better...back to topic...before we all get our asses banned.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:04 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
I'm not really a joiner. I've got a writing group. There's a couple atheist groups that meet around here, and I'd like to stop in on some of their lectures and whatnot. But a megachurch? *shudder*

Old 06-17-2015, 02:31 PM

I think..there is a need for talk - even conference. But not for a church. We do not need a church of science. We do not need a church of rationality. These are worldviews, not religions.

If some atheists need some kind of Church -substitute, fine. I have no real problem - not even a really bad one with megachurches. After all if I heard that a Christian megachurch in Seoul had gone atheist, think I'd be in sackcloth and ashes?

But this is just a transition phase - (assuming fsoa that there really IS a transition - Goldrule might be right for all I know ) and, job done, there will really be no need for atheism. Being atheist will just be the same as being people.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:56 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Move that to #1 on the list.
quak quak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism