Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 05:36 AM

19,823 posts, read 13,361,179 times

Advertisements

Always having admired people who never bought a thing they were told until they had proof, I could not but fall in love with this little one who is completely amused when her Dad tells her about snow. As the page says, "pics, Dad, or I'm not buying it!" Imagine not believing in snow! Well why should you when someone makes an extraordinary magical claim, without evidence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 12:46 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
She must be from the south where they don't have snow. Very cute.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:06 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
When Mrs Arq first came to the UK..what 25 years ago..she saw there was something odd about the rain.
'It's frozen. We call it "Hail".'
'Arloo!'

'No, really. It is.'

I had to go and collect a handful to show her. Seeing is believing. Fortunately she didn't claim that it was an illusion sent by Mara to undermine her Faith in her own rightness.

I rather suspect that God rolling up in Pow'r or Jesus finally descending on a cloud with Bob Hope blowin' his ole horn, would be accepted as convincing. The theist accusation that we'd explain that away doesn't really hold water. It's usually part of a complex skein of red herrings (and you know you're mixing your metaphors when you have a skein of red herrings) to excuse the theist from producing any decent evidence on the grounds that 'You'd never accept it even if I produced it'.
Attached Thumbnails
Cutness alert: This Toddler is a Budding Skeptic-still-waiting..jpg  

Old 01-18-2016, 04:52 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,210,428 times
That video is great.

I showed my wife and she reminded me of one of the first time our kids saw snow (as we had moved from the south to the north). To set this up properly...its worth noting that while my wife and I are both atheists, we have never discussed those views nor does religion come up as a topic much. At the very least, not when our kids were small and at the time we lived in a snowy place.

I was outside with them as they were playing in the snow, throwing snowballs, etc. I told them they should make snow angels. They of course asked what is a snow angel. So I tried my best to explain how to make one and it became apparent they thought I was trying to pull one over on them (I can't blame them for being skeptical of their dad...they have good reasons ).

So I finally broke down and jumped on the ground and made (what I thought was) a perfectly adequate snow angel. Once I got up to show off what I thought was fine art....my kids looked at me and said, "dad, that's not an angel, its just the snow your arms and legs flattened."

Old 01-19-2016, 09:50 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,338,888 times
This is cute.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:28 PM

1,333 posts, read 879,107 times
Haha, she's a born skeptic. How cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism