Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 AM

18,457 posts, read 9,096,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't have any "religious" beliefs, so I don't. I have logical and scientific reasons for my belief in God that I supplement with reference to the "spiritual fossil record" to communicate them to the religious among us.
Can you please elaborate? We'd love to know the truth about God from you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 10:13 AM

1,333 posts, read 878,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Everything is arguably very important. God means something of extreme importance. Therefore everything is provably god rendering atheism null and void.

I've heard this more times than I care to think about now.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:57 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,563,352 times
Quote:
Yes, this may not be the place for it, but maybe time for Mystic to explain his Synthesis.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:08 PM

63,538 posts, read 39,828,572 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes, this may not be the place for it, but maybe time for Mystic to explain his Synthesis.
I have tried many times, but the knee-jerk resistance based on religious stereotypes and the misunderstandings about the use of analogies has prevented any genuine dialogue about the underlying science. I agree this is probably not the place for it since it might constitute proselytizing in someone's eyes. Clintone has begun an attempt to understand my synthesis and perhaps that thread is the best place to attempt another run at it.

My answer to Matadora's excellent posts explaining the same scientific knowledge of reality that I use is probably the best and least verbose summary of the basis of my synthesis.

"Matadora, I appreciate your displaying the foundations of your views. I understand that you are operating from a similar knowledge base. That is good. We accept all the same research but draw very different conclusions from them. The acceptance of euphemistic pronouncements AS IF they were somehow authoritative explanations will never be acceptable to me. Statements like, "emergent property" is just hubris masquerading as an explanation. But since our entire reality operates as manifestations within fields, the idea that there is a single unified field as the basis of our reality seems cogent. The one feature of reality that cannot be adequately contained within the current materialistic physics is consciousness or subjective awareness. It is the one manifestation of the unified field that escapes understanding. We cannot see how we can mathematically arrive at such a state using the equations of physics.

So the existence of such a subjective state defies the materialistic premises underlying the Standard Model. But we do have analogs in the EM-spectrum that seem to suggest at least a potential venue for the existence of such a state as a COMPOSITE of individual neuronal activity. The idea of a resonant neural field that summarizes the state of the entire brain at any point in time and produces a COMPOSITE state that possesses subjective awareness within an EM-like spectrum seems plausible. That is all I have proposed. I posit that a consciousness field IS the unified field that establishes our reality and that our consciousnesses are simply component parts of it. But of course, if a consciousness field is what establishes our reality, it MUST perforce BE God."

Old 12-21-2016, 05:55 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,563,352 times
Yes, I know. And you will know that Matarora and I and almost every other one who has troubled to get to the bottom of your beliefs has the same "reservations".

But there are lot of new people who may be curious, and you may wish to satisfy their curiosity or indeed sincere interest by simply posting your Synthesis again (new thread, perhaps) rather than have it explained by unsympathetic persons such as myself in the wake of some post or other of yours that make some claim statement without explanation.

I'd just add that the Synthesis as I recall left out all the stuff about the reptilian brain, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross to 'carnal man' and the spiritual fossil record. And maybe all the stuff about qualia as related to Dark matter aka God -consciousness, as I had to find out all that stuff later on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism