Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
I realize that. I differ a bit with your opinion that atheists are agnostics, but I'm with you on the rest of it.
As long as we agree that hell seems more fun that heaven, we're on the same page,lmao. I'm going to have some CD's, a disco ball, and a large supply of Amsterdam's finest cannabis (I'll have a lot of money saved when I'm on my deathbed decades from now, so I'll buy at least a few thousand pounds.) along with some blunts to roll buried with me. No lighter needed in hell, lol. I think I'll do that. Have stuff buried with me like the ancient Egyptians. If hell does exist, maybe I can bring things with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I realize that. I differ a bit with your opinion that atheists are agnostics, but I'm with you on the rest of it. When someone accuses me of being a Satanist, however, I always respond that there is no way I could be a Satanist because I don't believe in Christianity. This usually stymies them for a moment and they ask what my reasoning is.

Which is...in order to be a Satanist, you have to buy into the whole Christian thing as well, since they are antitheses of each other.
I know, I know. The thing is, these people are lacking in the logic department. You can't win an argument with someone who doesn't follow logic. It's like playing a boardgame with people who make up rules during the game.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
As long as we agree that hell seems more fun that heaven, we're on the same page,lmao. I'm going to have some CD's, a disco ball, and a large supply of Amsterdam's finest cannabis (I'll have a lot of money saved when I'm on my deathbed decades from now, so I'll buy at least a few thousand pounds.) along with some blunts to roll buried with me. No lighter needed in hell, lol. I think I'll do that. Have stuff buried with me like the ancient Egyptians. If hell does exist, maybe I can bring things with me.
I'd like an invite to your party, please.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I'd like an invite to your party, please.
If you like Jimmy Hendrix, The Doors, George Clinton, and Dr Dre's "The Chronic" album, you're invited. Hope you don't fear getting cancer from secondhand smoke from greenery (has been proven to be wrong-cannabis kills cancerous cells)..

You'll be there way before me though if I go from natural causes. I'm only 17.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
If you like Jimmy Hendrix, The Doors, George Clinton, and Dr Dre's "The Chronic" album, you're invited. Hope you don't fear getting cancer from secondhand smoke from greenery (has been proven to be wrong-cannabis kills cancerous cells)..
Sounds like my kind of brain-busting party. Don't be so sure about my beating you to the fertilizer field...the women in my family tend to live to about 100

Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Sounds like my kind of brain-busting party. Don't be so sure about my beating you to the fertilizer field...the women in my family tend to live to about 100
YOu quoted my post before I added the last part..Lol

You still have a head start by a lot of years. Don't worry though. I hate cold weather and can't wait to live around flames, lol.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:39 AM

131 posts, read 312,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Atheists, does it irk you that christians are so sure of their beliefs?
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes i feel like screaming and shouting and shaking them telling them not to be so silly. However i dont, i refrain from these little outbursts and instead come here to put my view across and try to understand others veiws better. But I supose they feel the same way sometimes about us athiests. Difference is, if they are right then ill be the one looking stupid. If im right, it wont really matter eitherway.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default An old theme, rightfully revisited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
What irks me is how your beliefs (i.e.: Christianity) have a negative effect on humanity.

Who knows where we would be today if our long-dead ancestors spent as much time on science as they had on indoctrinating the world through force?
Good point! And an old one to boot! (check the date of this post; I dug it up just for fun. Even back then, they didn't have any better ideas to chew on!)

Have a good night, folks! Time for me to hit the sack! It's 0400 am, and I have to get up in 3 hours to make and bake my Baguette loaves!!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:40 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
I would not say it irks me that christians believe in one god or another, but I find it sad they are afraid to question what they are being told. It has opened them up to be sucked into the greatest fraud of all times.
I expect humans to look beyond what they are told and be realistic with their decisions. I also expect them not to kill off those who don’t accept their myths.
I view most christians as following blindly, most not even knowing the doctrines and contradictions in their bible. It is a social club which condones atrocities in the name of a myth. If they were to live by their holy book, which most don't, than a Christian would condone slavery, incest, genocide, infanticide, intolerance, and the stoning people. The act of using reason and looking to see if what they tell you is true is even a sin, and getting raped by someone makes you a sinner and thus you need to be stoned to death. The list never ends, and it is a horrid book to base your morality on. It explains why over 80% of US prisoners are christians and only .2% are Atheist. This is not what I call a moral religion. Blind faith in my view is equal to brain death, and true morality come from recognizing your place in humanity not following the rules of a primitive uneducated culture.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Be honest, those of you that do have "issues" with Christians, is part of the problem their absolute certainty that God does exist? Or is really more your feeling that Christians try to force their beliefs on you? Or is it something else entirely?

We all know that you cannot prove a negative, so there's no way you can say with 100% certainty that God does not exist. And I know an atheist will say the same thing about proving God does exist, that it's impossible.

But as a Christian, I can say with all honesty that I am 100% certain that God does exist. The reasons why I (and other Christians) believe this have been discussed ad nauseum on this board so I won't rehash any of those now. I can also say with complete certainty that I will go to heaven when I die and that I will be reunited with my loved ones (those that were saved) who have gone on before me. I'm also sure that every other Christian on here would agree with me about their certainty that God exists.

It's my belief that this is one of the problems atheists have with Christians, this confidence we have in our belief in God. Maybe you interpret is as Christians having a chip on our shoulder or thinking that we are better than you. In all honesty, for me anyway, this is absolutely not true. I'm just a sinner saved by grace and do not see myself as being any better or worse than the next gal.

So again, in all honesty, does it just irritate the heck out of you that Christians are so sure of their belief in God?
As a non believer, I am reminded that these same good christians, and many others, believed firmly that slavery was 100% good and justified prior to the Civil War.

It would seem that they have been shown to have been wrong and the same (IMO) applies to religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism