Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 03:06 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times

Advertisements

The new Theramin Trees!!!

He covers why people hold onto these beliefs and mentions the UFO cult group from the 1950s that lead to "cognitive dissonance" and why people can become even more devote believers after dis confirming evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

He also goes into L Ron and Joseph Smith in this part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opx8...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 04:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Yes. I has a discussion with an apologist about the Abraham papyrus. After attempts to debunk the present ability to read Egyptian, apologist opted for something like the 'papyrus was a focus for a revelation of the story of Abraham by "spiritual" translation' argument. This hardly worked as the explanation points to pictured in the funerary text as showing the Abraham story, which of course it doesn't.

Can't wait for part 2.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:21 PM

Well, I can find no part 2, but this is excellent, though preaching to the choir, somewhat in A/A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xqCkx6WQBE

But as i have said, the what is over. The how is done, pretty much. the 'Why' is still a subject of study.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
debunking a profit is like debunking santa clause. Yes, the toys are there ... but com'on. anybody with common sense can predict human behavior, predict where technology will be, and that something bad is in our future. With the information we are gaining, the future is looking less random.

why is still a question. how in no god's name can people think a dude rose and flew away to maintain a belief statement or deny anything and everything to maintain a belief statement.

what's scary is that when we reanimate a body in the future people will say "see, we can do it so it was done 2000 years ago.", , of course, the deny anything-ers will have less gaps to based their denial belief on too. But I am sure they will use well written convoluted logic about personal practical needs to get around that information too.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Why what? Part 1 was just uploaded. The exJWs are hopeful he breaks down the "prophets" who started the Watchtower next. He did do one where he and his brother invited 2 JW women into study with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWeHB4qM1Hg&t=1s

Old 09-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
debunking a profit is like debunking santa clause. Yes, the toys are there ... but com'on. anybody with common sense can predict human behavior, predict where technology will be, and that something bad is in our future. With the information we are gaining, the future is looking less random.

why is still a question. how in no god's name can people think a dude rose and flew away to maintain a belief statement or deny anything and everything to maintain a belief statement.

what's scary is that when we reanimate a body in the future people will say "see, we can do it so it was done 2000 years ago.", , of course, the deny anything-ers will have less gaps to based their denial belief on too. But I am sure they will use well written convoluted logic about personal practical needs to get around that information too.
It's much more complicated then that. Maybe watch some of the videos we post.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:19 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. I has a discussion with an apologist about the Abraham papyrus. After attempts to debunk the present ability to read Egyptian, apologist opted for something like the 'papyrus was a focus for a revelation of the story of Abraham by "spiritual" translation' argument. .
It has been resolved. Abraham appeared to me last night in a vision and told me not to trust spiritual translations.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It has been resolved. Abraham appeared to me last night in a vision and told me not to trust spiritual translations.
Don't tell me - like the alien that lands without warning , he spoke English, right?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:38 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Don't tell me - like the alien that lands without warning , he spoke English, right?
How did you know? He also had a wristwatch and rode a Harley.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
How did you know? He also had a wristwatch and rode a Harley.
Ah. I was going to suggest American English. I rather wonder, in view of Goldnrule's assurances that Christianity is outstripping all our efforts in Chna and Africa, whether Jesus might decide to come back as a Chinese. Chinese State TV would give him full support and even unlock the internet so he could go viral.

"You bad men! You lissen me! I tell you. No good you run after money. No you not care for poor! No good you all - time talk Bible but no do! You lissen me, you western man with big car and terrivision. You get punish very soon..."

It'll go down a treat in the Bible belt. Don't even mention coming back as an African...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism