Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:18 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Any atheist here that are Pro Gun, or/and pro life here? Also the ones that proudly display the Confederate or Don't Tread on me , or Celtic Cross flag? Or if you have not, have you encountered atheists that are like that?
Just curious as to why you are asking or what conclusion you come to if people do any of the above?

I don't ask people I meet what their religious stance is so how would I know if I'm encountering an Atheist when I encounter people who are pro-gun or pro-choice?

Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Just curious as to why you are asking or what conclusion you come to if people do any of the above?

I don't ask people I meet what their religious stance is so how would I know if I'm encountering an Atheist when I encounter people who are pro-gun or pro-choice?
Because being a conservative and an atheist is considered oxymoron. Conservatives are more likely to use religious arguments. However the most outspoken atheists if they are political tend to really support left wing causes.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Anti-gun. Pro choice. Anti capital punishment.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Because being a conservative and an atheist is considered oxymoron. Conservatives are more likely to use religious arguments. However the most outspoken atheists if they are political tend to really support left wing causes.
Is this the answer to my question?

I fail to see the answer to my question in what you posted.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Any atheist here that are Pro Gun, or/and pro life here? Also the ones that proudly display the Confederate or Don't Tread on me , or Celtic Cross flag? Or if you have not, have you encountered atheists that are like that?
I am the following:
  • Pro-gun/Pro- 2nd amendment (I don't believe in assault rifles for citizen use)
  • Pro-choice
  • I would never own a Confederate or Don't Tread on Me or Celtic Cross flag
  • I am not affiliated with any political party in the US today
  • I lack the belief in the existence of a god or gods

Old 03-19-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Is this the answer to my question?

I fail to see the answer to my question in what you posted.
I am curious to see the worldviews of atheists here on if there are any that support certain conservative causes. Of course atheist don't believe in God, however I just wondering if there are those that tend to be pro gun and or pro life here. I am aware that even though atheist do give up giving on God, they can retain some socially conservative worldviews. Anyway I used to live with someone that did not believe in God, but was pro life. Plus this person voted for a conservative party during elections.

Last edited by other99; 03-19-2018 at 03:28 AM..

Old 03-19-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
I am curious to see the worldviews of atheists here on if there are any that support certain conservative causes. Of course atheist don't believe in God, however I just wondering if there are those that tend to be pro gun and or pro life here. I am aware that even though atheist do give up giving on God, they can retain some socially conservative worldviews. Anyway I used to live with someone that did not believe in God, but was pro life. Plus this person voted for a very right wing party.
To be honest I just don't get the labels of conservative or liberal, left or right and so on.

People believe what they believe for a variety of reasons that don't always boil down to a person being conservative or liberal.

I despise labels to be honest...always have and always will. It boxes people into an image that may or may not be 100% accurate.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:51 AM

Quote:
To be honest I just don't get the labels of conservative or liberal, left or right and so on.

People believe what they believe for a variety of reasons that don't always boil down to a person being conservative or liberal.

I despise labels to be honest...always have and always will. It boxes people into an image that may or may not be 100% accurate.
Thank you for sharing.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:

I have a new friend who is conservative and she thought I was too. To me, she looks more liberal than I am. My bootstraps speech will singe your butt hairs. I also believe we take care of people who can't take care of themselves and give our children the best possible chance for success and that includes education. I don't believe anyone should be without the basics in a 1st world country regardless. A few years ago phrases like conservative and liberal weren't even on my radar. Now it seems as if I'm supposed to pick a side or something.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:11 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
This is so obviously a Political topic being posted in the Atheism and Agnosticism forum that I have to wonder why you all chose to reply to it instead of reporting it immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism