Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 06:47 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Got that, which is why I asked him this:

No response of course. Mystic doesn’t like to deal with the fundamentals. It reveals the silliness of his theology.
The way i see it, is you call it the universe, he/gld calls it god. what we need to to list the traits you two are assigning the universe and god to see where they are the same and where they are different. assume the same mechanism for each trait. for example, the universe created us through evolution and god created us through evolution.

the universe created us: god created us
the universe may be aware: god may be aware
the universe has love: god has love

that kind of thing. I see them as the same thing in some cases. Not all, but some. I personally don't like going to a universal scale because we are just so small. I like to keep "god" claims in volumes that any person can understand for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 07:05 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,300 times
I came here to see how an atheist could be defeated in two minutes. Yet, we are 561 posts in and I've yet to see it happen. I doubt I could click through the first few pages in two minutes. False advertising.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I came here to see how an atheist could be defeated in two minutes. Yet, we are 561 posts in and I've yet to see it happen. I doubt I could click through the first few pages in two minutes. False advertising.
lmao, great point. the more a claim is based on observation the more time it takes to "defeat it". But the ones we are talking about, atheist or theist, usually don't know they were defeated in far less than 2 min.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:23 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,110,503 times
Quote:
Not at all. You see, it works like in Joshua 10:12-13:
Quote:
On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.â€

So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day

The devotees need but to invoke god's name and time comes rumbling to a halt for however long is required to defeat Yahweh's enemies. While it may seem to us that a couple of months have passed, when we atheists are at last finally routed, normal time will resume with only a lapse of two actual minutes.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post

The devotees need but to invoke god's name and time comes rumbling to a halt for however long is required to defeat Yahweh's enemies. While it may seem to us that a couple of months have passed, when we atheists are at last finally routed, normal time will resume with only a lapse of two actual minutes.
lmao

Old 07-24-2018, 08:45 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, great point. the more a claim is based on observation the more time it takes to "defeat it". But the ones we are talking about, atheist or theist, usually don't know they were defeated in far less than 2 min.
You mean like those people who argue Stalin must have been a pacifist?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,300 times
Quote:
when we atheists are at last finally routed, normal time will resume with only a lapse of two actual minutes.
Well done. Why didn't I think of fiction and magic first?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You mean like those people who argue Stalin must have been a pacifist?
Exactly.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:32 AM

19,973 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:

Lol. You must have read / seen Stephen King's 11-22-63. The portal to the past always delivers you to the same instant in time in 1960, but no matter how long you stay, when you go back to the present day, only two minutes have elapsed.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Well done. Why didn't I think of fiction and magic first?
Because you're not religious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism