Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:49 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
" Christians scream long and loud when non believers contradict them on the Christian sub forum."

I believe we goddless bastards have been banned from posting atheist stuff there, haven't we?
Well, only kinda/sorta. Nobody has been banned from posting there. Consistent with the owner (Administrator) of this web site's decision to ban proselytizing in this sub-forum, we (four different moderators) agreed that the divinity of God and Jesus was pretty much axiomatic to Christianity, and that we would operate that forum that way. Similarly, there is no Christian proselytizing allowed in the Judaism or Islam forums, and blanket blaming Islam for terrorism is also forbidden.

Godless bastard baby eaters™ can post anywhere they want. WHAT they choose to post in some areas may have to be dealt with, however.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:07 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,424,497 times
Ah I still remember the day at the Atheist Alliance Conference in Dublin when Richard Dawkins was on camera - a certain poster of this forum went up behind him with his baby while the camera was rolling and loudly said "Mr. Dawkins sir - your lunch is served".

They never aired it alas.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:57 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Ah I still remember the day at the Atheist Alliance Conference in Dublin when Richard Dawkins was on camera - a certain poster of this forum went up behind him with his baby while the camera was rolling and loudly said "Mr. Dawkins sir - your lunch is served".

The implication being that atheists are godless baby eaters. Ironically, that very charge was once leveled at Christians.

"Minucius Felix, a third century Latin apologist, gave a lurid account of Christian debauchery which he claims to have derived from Marcus Cornelius Fontero (100-166 c.e.), a Latin rhetor and tutor of Marcus Aurelius."

A young baby is covered over with flour, the object being to deceive the unwary. It is then served before the person to be admitted into the rites. The recruit is urged to inflict blows onto it--they appear to be harmless because of the covering of flour. Thus the baby was killed with wounds that remain unseen and concealed. It is the blood of this infant--I shudder to mention it--it is the blood of this infant that they lick with thirsty lips; these are the limbs they distribute eagerly; this is the victim by which they seal their covenant....

On a special day they gather in a feast with all their children, sisters, mothers--all sexes and all ages. There, flushed with the banquet after such feasting and drinking, they begin to burn with incestuous passions. They provoke a dog tied to the lampstand to leap and bound towards a scrap of food which they have tossed outside of the reach of his chain. By this means the light is overturned and extinguished, and with it common knowledge of their actions; in the shameless dark with unspeakable lust they copulate in random unions, all equally being guilty of incest, some by deed, but everyone by complicity.... [The Octavius of Marcus Minucius Felix, 9.5-6]. (The Christians As The Romans Saw Them, by Robert L. Wilken; p.18-21).

During the early days of American involvement in Vietnam, before the US began to send in massive amounts of combat troops, US aid to the Vietnamese amounted to military advisors and foodstuffs. It was widely reported that the rebels were taking cans of American baby food with pictures of babies on the can, and telling the people that Americans canned and ate babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT3CihStFQ

Old 10-27-2018, 04:08 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you ask, I'll get your deleted post and DM it to you.

That would be nice. Fortunately, I've only had to dig out a deleted post a few times.

Next time, cc: the moderators when you make those sincere prayers. I got batteries for my crystal ball, but it's still pretty unreliable.
Not as unreliable as my memory. By the time I'm going to pester to take a post down, I can't remember where it was.

Old 10-27-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Well, only kinda/sorta. Nobody has been banned from posting there. Consistent with the owner (Administrator) of this web site's decision to ban proselytizing in this sub-forum, we (four different moderators) agreed that the divinity of God and Jesus was pretty much axiomatic to Christianity, and that we would operate that forum that way. Similarly, there is no Christian proselytizing allowed in the Judaism or Islam forums, and blanket blaming Islam for terrorism is also forbidden.

Godless bastard baby eaters™ can post anywhere they want. WHAT they choose to post in some areas may have to be dealt with, however.
Ok Right. Odd that i don't post there anymore. I suppose it's because I get all the action I want here. Oh and by the way, it's Goddless baby -eating bastards (TM) Don't be disrepectful to the babies, when we're eating them

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

Pity. That would have been the most outrageously hilarious thing since John Cleese at Graham Chapman's funeral or Spike Milligan (smiling) calling the future Charles III a "grovelling little bastard".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkOAUht3G5o

Try to get them to put the clip on 'Net eh?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-27-2018 at 04:24 PM..

Old 10-27-2018, 05:20 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Ok Right. Odd that i don't post there anymore. I suppose it's because I get all the action I want here. Oh and by the way, it's Goddless baby -eating bastards (TM) Don't be disrepectful to the babies, when we're eating them

Pity. That would have been the most outrageously hilarious thing since John Cleese at Graham Chapman's funeral or Spike Milligan (smiling) calling the future Charles III a "grovelling little bastard".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkOAUht3G5o

Try to get them to put the clip on 'Net eh?
I thought Godless only had one "d."

Old 10-27-2018, 05:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,048 times
Did I miss something?

Old 10-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I thought Godless only had one "d."
It does, but I have a stammer.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:43 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The implication being that atheists are godless baby eaters. Ironically, that very charge was once leveled at Christians.

"Minucius Felix, a third century Latin apologist, gave a lurid account of Christian debauchery which he claims to have derived from Marcus Cornelius Fontero (100-166 c.e.), a Latin rhetor and tutor of Marcus Aurelius."

A young baby is covered over with flour, the object being to deceive the unwary. It is then served before the person to be admitted into the rites. The recruit is urged to inflict blows onto it--they appear to be harmless because of the covering of flour. Thus the baby was killed with wounds that remain unseen and concealed. It is the blood of this infant--I shudder to mention it--it is the blood of this infant that they lick with thirsty lips; these are the limbs they distribute eagerly; this is the victim by which they seal their covenant....

On a special day they gather in a feast with all their children, sisters, mothers--all sexes and all ages. There, flushed with the banquet after such feasting and drinking, they begin to burn with incestuous passions. They provoke a dog tied to the lampstand to leap and bound towards a scrap of food which they have tossed outside of the reach of his chain. By this means the light is overturned and extinguished, and with it common knowledge of their actions; in the shameless dark with unspeakable lust they copulate in random unions, all equally being guilty of incest, some by deed, but everyone by complicity.... [The Octavius of Marcus Minucius Felix, 9.5-6]. (The Christians As The Romans Saw Them, by Robert L. Wilken; p.18-21).

During the early days of American involvement in Vietnam, before the US began to send in massive amounts of combat troops, US aid to the Vietnamese amounted to military advisors and foodstuffs. It was widely reported that the rebels were taking cans of American baby food with pictures of babies on the can, and telling the people that Americans canned and ate babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT3CihStFQ
OMG! That is some seriously sick **** right there! I have to admit that all of that was just TMI unless you totally made it up and in that case you should be writing "Halloween" movies. I admit freely that I have no clue as to whether or not that stuff is true or not because I'm not well read or well anything but dang! Eeeks no wonder I don't want to be chained to such nonsense anymore. It's bad enough that the bible endorses rape and incest right in those pages but it fails to mention little tidbits like that.

LIke I will ALWAYS say, the buy bull was written BY Men, FOR men.

What say ye?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:17 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
OMG! That is some seriously sick **** right there! I have to admit that all of that was just TMI unless you totally made it up and in that case you should be writing "Halloween" movies. I admit freely that I have no clue as to whether or not that stuff is true or not because I'm not well read or well anything but dang! Eeeks no wonder I don't want to be chained to such nonsense anymore. It's bad enough that the bible endorses rape and incest right in those pages but it fails to mention little tidbits like that.

LIke I will ALWAYS say, the buy bull was written BY Men, FOR men.

What say ye?
https://books.google.com/books?id=-T...rites.&f=false

The Octavius of Marcus Minucius Felix, page 65.

No one today really supposes that early Christians ACTUALLY ate babies. These were stories that were in circulation in Roman times, and were almost certainly derived from Christian claims to be eating human flesh and drinking human blood (the body and blood of Jesus-wafer and wine). I am no fan of Christianity, and I think that the Catholic church is one of the most corrupt organizations in history. But even I don't think they are or were actually cannibals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism