Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 11:17 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Archaic meaning old-fashioned, over-used, ancient, wasting, etc. "Killing unarmed intruders" is what Christians in Texas and Florida do. Take the log out of your own eye first.

All religious folk are seeking wealth, some value streets of gold, some value only immortality and bliss, without the middleman of materials or status. So then where are the Christians who would not ignore and betray their false Jewish god the minute there were no good promises attached to the buy? "Moral obligation" meaning they have submitted to an accepted oppression. That is what "obligation" means, "not freedom."

Muslims believe they have a moral obligation to never give up land they have previously won. It's clearly written in the Quran. I have read it in one version or another. What excuse is a false belief? You don't seem to be excusing the beliefs of the Sentinelese. And there is a clear cultural reason for that, you were raised for such bias.

Missing your point? You didn't mean to do anything to the Sentinelese? I'm sorry, when I read your previous posts, it seemed to me that in one and many of them you said you don't care what scientists have to say about the immune systems of isolated populations, that you don't want the Sentinelese to be free to have Texas law (because Texas is an exemption to you rule since they use different words for "my land" of "property" instead of "territory."), that the Sentinelese should be forced to listen to your false "knowledge" and detrimental psychotically-deluding religions of blood and pacts with supposed heavenly politicians, etc.
The only claim that is semantic is YOURS that Texan Christians and Floridian Christians should be allowed to murder intruders in sick and cold blood indoctrinated by their false religions but that the Sentinelese should not because they might not have capitalist ideas about "private property" and to you "territory" is not the same as "private property" and thus should not be ever seen as equivalent or comparable as what the people of false and emotional religions in Texas and Florida do. Obviously, India by law lays claim to all of the Andaman Islands, as far as I'm aware. But you are trying to grasp a straw wherein you can say that the Sentinelese should not be allowed to keep false religions like Hinduism, Islam, and Christianity away through Texas law.

What you are purportin by suggesting "there might be some Sentinelese hidden who want to know about false religions like Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam" is that Russia should invade to U.S.A. just in case there are any Americans who might like to know about the Russian way of life and how to live it. After all, just because the US Navy would start bombing Russia if it did something like what it did to Cremea to US territory, doesn't mean that EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN would be unhappy to convert to Russian Orthodoxy to Putin.

I mentioned Florida and Puerto Rico to highlight the sheer hypocrisy of Colonialist Christians. Like Muslims in the Pew polls, "you don't want to take action to your beliefs and stances" doesn't mean all Christians and Colonialists are as Luke Warm as you, and the most radical ones are most certainly fed and home-grown by people with ideas they put into them without telling them not to act on them because the ideas are as half-assed as the half-baked religions/cultures they come from.

Show you why it's not? I merely asked you what their ethnicity is. If you are not equivocating race to ethnicity, then simply being from the North Sentinel Island is an ethnicity to you? Again I remind you: Native Americans. If an Indian killed someone on the Island, the Indian Navy would have to decide what to charge them with (probably just trespassing on military protection), and it would have to be agreed upon by an Andaman/military judge, given that there is no public DA that would represent North Sentinel Island in order to bring charges of murder under something like the Major Crimes Act or some other historical law or court interpretation relating to such a situation. I will not inform you further, it might give you colonial ideas of "spreading Christian freedom" through the sword as is common. If the case were in the United States, the murder would have to be tried by Federal Court, as Native Americans aren't allowed to have jurisdiction over their own lands in cases of killing like States (such as Texas and Florida) do. In fact, most Native Americans' Leadership are against the death penalty, but the Federal government often disregards their requests and seeks the death penalty anyway.

Do you have knowledge of the Muslim way of life or the Russian way of life? Perhaps members of those two should invade your home, you know, just in case any of your children might be interested to learn a little more. They need such choice, after all, according to you. Again I tell you: the Sentinelese know about the Enemy's helicopters and motorboats. They aren't interested in not spearing invaders in the forehead, like is allowed in Texas and Florida.

Christians in Christian churches should be given knowledge and opportunity to have Muslims invade their Ivory Towers in order to forcibly tell them about their beliefs and see if there are any children or otherwise non-tribal in the group that can be influenced to convert to Islam after having been given trinkets or aid/charity or a thousand discourses or whatever else. I do wish more Christians had access to the full and deep knowledge of evil vs good. Seriously though, would you expect it O.K. for Russian Orthodox to invade Native American reservations that clearly don't want them if they would spear them in the forehead in order to "increase their knowledge," then?

Just think of the beaches as private beaches owned and protected by the people doing the spearing of invaders. Problem solved for your pro-Texan and pro-Floridian views.
I think this really is about the role of religion to you, while it isn't to me.

My position is that this is either a stand alone country, and deals with invaders in it's own fashion., or it's a territory and follows the laws of it's actual nation (not semantics), and that being a certain ethnicity in a certain location, shouldn't make anyone immune from investigation for the killing of another. If it's a territory, then it's nation needs to act to prevent the situation of consequence free killing.

Despite all you have said, and the examples you've given, you haven't shown why this is colonialism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
That's because an Indian killing someone on the island would be a completely different situation than one of Sentinelese killing an Indian. That has nothing to do with race. It has to do with what the people actually are. It's like when we make exceptions in our laws from mentally challenged people, or increase the penalty for motivations that were pre-meditated or classified as hate crimes because they were rooted in racism...or when a war ends and captured soldiers are released from prison, despite having killed people.

Society's make exceptions based on the nature of the situation all the time.
I don't think this is different - would your country allow bands of people living in remote areas, who didn't have exposure to the law of the land, to kill people and to be able to continue killing people who tried to step ashore on the island where they lived?

This example needn't be about stone age people - could be an off the grid community, that doesn't accept or teach the law to their children.

While a particular ethnicity of Indian citizen, living in a particular location, can kill without consequence, it can only be racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 03:57 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But the natives are in the wrong also. Or do you condone killing?
As I keep explaining to you - it is not about condoning killing. It is about the fact that our condemnation of killing is not even relevant in the first place. The man chose to leave our society and enter another completely separate one that does not answer to the standards and morals and laws of our own - nor should they.

Once he does that - it is not relevant whether we condone or condemn killing. You are projecting how this events within our society would be treated and evaluated - to a context outside that society.

Take your analogy to trespassing on each others property. The concepts of property and trespass are society specific. So your analogy fails entirely.

As I said before you really would benefit from reading the Novel "The Sparrow". Not just because it is a good book - but because it has ideas in it that would help your errors here.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Furthermore, he was trained for suicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMrl8jFh8Ag

Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
He spearheaded the new missionary position.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:22 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
He spearheaded the new missionary position.
I think that he got the point that they don't want missionaries! Next lifetime; maybe?

It's too bad that he had to die; but he went to great links to make this happen. He got his childhood wish; it just did not live up to his expectations. My condolences to his parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism