Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 01:42 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

I skimmed the video. What exactly was I supposed to find objectionable?

Two things I don't like about Christmas

1) we have turkey and I don't care for it. What is worth is that last year we had Christmas diner alone so we also had Christmas dinner on Boxing Day and leftovers on the 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31 and I think January 3rd with New Years day ham in between. Love chicken, not so much turkey

2) some Christmas music was bad when it first came out but gets worse each year. Is only played because it's got a Santa or a wise man in it, terrible songs.

What I do like about Christmas

1)the excitement from the little kids opening presents, playing with cousins and so forth

2) extended family gathering. I love my family and my wife's entire family

3) helping put out extra chop for the cattle when we are at BIL. A family tradition my wife grew up with, bonus feed t for all the animals.

So again OP, what exactly is supposed to offend me? Perhaps what is offensive is your belief that Christmas is the season for insulting atheists, but you do that all year long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 02:04 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
What I find objectionable is Ozzy's constant effort to paint all atheists as Ebeneezer Scrooge. Ozzy's christmas belief seems to revolve around peace on earth and good will toward christians...and to everyone else, bah humbug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism