Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 02:49 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Watch as Harvey spends a few seconds disclaiming his hatred of vegans, and then the next two minutes making fun of them. This guy is a a piece of arrogant, phony, self centered, ignorant turd. That he is popular with enough people to make him rich is just proof of how many stupid people inhabit the world. He is everything Jesus would not be (loud mouth ignorant jerk), and he calls himself a christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3SJz2BGPY
I don't think you realize that he's a professional comedian (although I'm not particularly fond of him).

Yes, he makes fun of them...that's very typical for comedians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 05:27 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't think you realize that he's a professional comedian (although I'm not particularly fond of him).

Yes, he makes fun of them...that's very typical for comedians.
Based on comments he's made I think his comedy reflects his real views. I'm sure he has no respect for animals or anyone who does, nor anyone who doesn't agree with his view. He's a king size D-bag in my book.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Watch as Harvey spends a few seconds disclaiming his hatred of vegans, and then the next two minutes making fun of them. This guy is a a piece of arrogant, phony, self centered, ignorant turd. That he is popular with enough people to make him rich is just proof of how many stupid people inhabit the world. He is everything Jesus would not be (loud mouth ignorant jerk), and he calls himself a christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P3SJz2BGPY
I think that you mis-characterize the routine. I listened to it and his complaint was not with being a vegan or with veganism in general, rather it was with the holier than thou attitude held by some vegans (apparently including his children) toward those who are not vegans.

The routine fails because it isn't particularly funny at any point, not because he is expressing a "hatred of vegans."

Old 03-14-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I think that you mis-characterize the routine. I listened to it and his complaint was not with being a vegan or with veganism in general, rather it was with the holier than thou attitude held by some vegans (apparently including his children) toward those who are not vegans.

The routine fails because it isn't particularly funny at any point, not because he is expressing a "hatred of vegans."
I agree. I actually thought it was rather tame...and you're right, not particularly funny.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:36 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
You guys miss his real message. I doubt anyone in his family are vegans, he's just bs'ing to push his agenda - that it's just fine and real christian to treat animals as nothing more than meat. The more I look into this guy's videos the more I hate him, actually.

Last edited by duke944; 03-14-2019 at 07:47 PM..

Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
You guys miss his real message. I doubt anyone in his family are vegans, he's just bs'ing to push his agenda - that it's just fine and real christian to treat animals as nothing more than meat. The more I look into this guy's videos the more I hate him, actually.
I think you've lost perspective on this.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
He is everything Jesus would not be ...
As indeed are most Christians. As I always say, 'If Jesus was around today, most Christians would be throwing stones through his windows.'

Old 03-15-2019, 05:03 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
As indeed are most Christians. As I always say, 'If Jesus was around today, most Christians would be throwing stones through his windows.'
Jesus Christ, Woody Guthrie

This song was made in New York City
Of rich man and preachers, and slaves
If Jesus was to preach like He preached in Galillee
They would lay Jesus Christ in His grave

Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
I think the latest on Steve Harvey is that he adopted Beyonce's veganism and it changed his life. If you search, there's tons of news and videos about it. Steve Harvey came into public view by playing a good father figure in some films. Why would anyone hate him? If you're going to indulge in hatred, pick someone who hasn't anything to offer and offers contributions of the negative sort, not some comic.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I think the latest on Steve Harvey is that he adopted Beyonce's veganism and it changed his life. If you search, there's tons of news and videos about it. Steve Harvey came into public view by playing a good father figure in some films. Why would anyone hate him? If you're going to indulge in hatred, pick someone who hasn't anything to offer and offers contributions of the negative sort, not some comic.
This isn't 'comedy':
Quote:
Emmy Award-winning TV host and best-selling author Steve Harvey advises women not to date atheists because you don’t know where the man’s “moral barometer” is, and says that as far as someone not believing in God, “well, then, to me you’re an idiot.”

Harvey, who also hosts a radio show and started his career in stand-up comedy, went on to say that Darwinism is essentially nonsense because he doesn’t think the universe “spun out of a gastrous ball and then all of a sudden we were evolved from monkeys.” If that were true, he says, then “why we still got monkeys?”
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael...e-you-re-idiot

To sum up, Harvey idiotically thinks that morality is impossible without God, he idiotically thinks that everything 'spun out of a gastrous ball' (whatever that even means), and he idiotically thinks that speciation necessitates the extinction of all ancestral species (of course he's too big of an idiot to even comprehend what he is claiming in those terms).

He's a monumentally ignorant ass. I don't hate him, but I do have nothing but complete and total contempt for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism