Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 AM

10,522 posts, read 6,157,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You paint a nice picture with words, Cruithne. I suspect you wield a nice palette too.

I moved to where I am now because the "special-ness" you experienced surrounds me on a near-daily basis, yet never becomes ordinary.

I can well imagine Trout.
I admit I like the convenience of living near a city. I could never live actually inside a city - I need the silence at times. I'm only 10 minutes from rural land though. The suburbs are a good compromise for me.

Here's a couple of pics from the other night. (Of course photos never really capture the actual experience):

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 10:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I don't know what I'm trying to say except that I do not need god to be filled with joy and a deep appreciation of the universe.
Sounded reallllllly nice. I'm a retired artist.

No, I don't think I would have seen God anywhere...same as you ...just absorbing the whole
special-ness....the orange, twilight-esque stillness...the crunch of the snow...
OH I SEE THE PHOTOS !!!!!!!!!!! Wow.

People have wacky ideas of atheists...always have.
I agree no need for any belief in God...I have said that many times for years...why?
I don't believe there was anything to ever be 'saved' from...don't believe in a hell, except what one creates for themselves....and any other God, Vishnu or Krishna well...they are great, they are in their realm ...and here's me...so now what?

Me? I just have had so many 'experiences' that I just know 'He' is all around me and IN me...which is pretty, um, weird in a way...I was shown that at probably 5. Can't help it.
There is a Consciousness looking out from behind my eyes...it wasn't a 5 yr old then, and it isn't
an older woman now.

It is nice you expressed what you did for Christians to read.
Deep joy can be felt by an atheist...imagine that!!!? Breaking News!

Old 03-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Sounded reallllllly nice. I'm a retired artist.

No, I don't think I would have seen God anywhere...same as you ...just absorbing the whole
special-ness....the orange, twilight-esque stillness...the crunch of the snow...
OH I SEE THE PHOTOS !!!!!!!!!!! Wow.

People have wacky ideas of atheists...always have.
I agree no need for any belief in God...I have said that many times for years...why?
I don't believe there was anything to ever be 'saved' from...don't believe in a hell, except what one creates for themselves....and any other God, Vishnu or Krishna well...they are great, they are in their realm ...and here's me...so now what?

Me? I just have had so many 'experiences' that I just know 'He' is all around me and IN me...which is pretty, um, weird in a way...I was shown that at probably 5. Can't help it.
There is a Consciousness looking out from behind my eyes...it wasn't a 5 yr old then, and it isn't
an older woman now.

It is nice you expressed what you did for Christians to read.
Deep joy can be felt by an atheist...imagine that!!!? Breaking News!

Haha. Thanks Miss Hepburn...I appreciate it.

Unfortunately not many Christians frequent the forum over here on the dark side.

(Edit: weird. Photos show up on my computer but not on my phone. Odd. Hmm... )

Last edited by Cruithne; 03-05-2019 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-05-2019, 11:28 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Your photos don't show up on my computer.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Your photos don't show up on my computer.

How about now?

Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Pics didn't show on my comp the first time but did the 2nd. Very nice. My world is pretty white too.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Pics didn't show on my comp the first time but did the 2nd. Very nice. My world is pretty white too.
Thanks. I had to upload them elsewhere then copy them across.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Just that ...simple question.
Thanks in advance
How do you 'know' there is no God?
No debate from me, just wondering.
Humans invented gods, and lots of them, to explain a world they couldn't understand.

You can see that, if you just open your eyes and study history.

Everyone one of the tens of thousands of tribal groups had gods. It should strike the casual observer as odd that only groups who lived by the sea had sea gods, just as only groups who lived near volcanoes had volcanic gods, and groups who lived on the steppes and great plains didn't have mountain gods.

It took thousands of years to evolve from polytheism to henotheism, and then from henotheism to monolotary and finally to monotheism.

Gods aren't necessary for anything, except to explain things that cannot be understood.

And, it won't be too much longer before humans are more powerful than gods ever could be.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:02 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Beautiful, Cruithne, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Unfortunately not many Christians frequent the forum over here on the dark side.

(Edit: weird. Photos show up on my computer but not on my phone. Odd. Hmm... )
Come on ...would you really want them to?
Naturally your photos showed up fine each time for me!!! Cuz I'm friends with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism