Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 10:27 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Explain
I don't want to provide a platform for any soapbox speeches/proselytizing, but what Arach is saying is that your posting history demonstrates that you give MORE than a toss about religion. Of course, you have to do this because your fellow man may not know what's best for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm 67 years old and can't recall ever being asked what religion I belonged to or which church I attended.
In my68 years I have been asked once, by new neighbours who thought that the church down the block was fabulous and wanted to know if we went to it. It is one of those churches with the pleasant you are going to hell messages in its billboard.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:01 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What about Northern Ireland? It seemed very weird that they are still divided by religion.
As Brit (Gaelic 'Bassthads') I would prefer not to comment. Historically it is all our fault. Most of everything is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What do you think Trans. Six months each?
Who told 'em ?? And whatever happened to community service??....Ohh ...gocha. ..Well, I doubt that she could stand six days with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
In this country we do not discuss religion, or lack of religion as a general rule. I know some of my neighbors are church goers, but no idea what churches they attend.

As a Christian, non church goer, I would not care to hear about your atheism, and I would not try to convince you you are wrong. There are evangelical Christians who are told that their role is to convert you. These people even annoy me, but they are free to do it.
I agree completely. The fact remains however, that we Hellbent pondslime do have a campaign going and it does involve atheistic evangelism. Can't be helped. You are perfectly free to not pay attention. I am fine with that.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-19-2019 at 11:13 AM..

Old 04-19-2019, 11:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I don't want to provide a platform for any soapbox speeches/proselytizing, but what Arach is saying is that your posting history demonstrates that you give MORE than a toss about religion. Of course, you have to do this because your fellow man may not know what's best for themselves.
You don't see it, do you? A person may not give a toss about guns. That should not cause confusion when they are part of a campaign to push guns out of society.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:27 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You don't see it, do you? A person may not give a toss about guns. That should not cause confusion when they are part of a campaign to push guns out of society.
I think there are a lot of things that gabby doesn't see...

Old 04-19-2019, 11:44 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I think there are a lot of things that gabby doesn't see...
I think the same of you. You maybe more communist leaning than you realize. I love diversity!

Old 04-19-2019, 01:08 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I think the same of you. You maybe more communist leaning than you realize. I love diversity!
Communist? Nah. Humanist? Sure.

Also, what about my post said anything of diversity?

Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Well I'm moving to Spain with Rafius or the Uk with you because it's driving me to insanity I can't imagine living some place where the focus actually isn't on god, god, god all the time. What a wonderful world that would be!
Try SF (or anywhere in California) - or NYC. You don’t have to move to a different country to find a place where the focus isn’t on a god.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What Trans said ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism