U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Swamps of Florida
3,423 posts, read 6,673,810 times
Reputation: 1867

Advertisements

I don't mean it as an infectious disease, more like a mental illness.
I neither support or do not support gay people, i could care less. None of you would be talking about gay if it wasn't on display for you. Tell me this isn't so?
Gays were, are, and always will be here on this earth, but for some reason, now it's more of "our business" then say, many years ago. So, what exactly are we discussing here?

 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
 
242 posts, read 39,775 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I don't mean it as an infectious disease, more like a mental illness.
I neither support or do not support gay people, i could care less. None of you would be talking about gay if it wasn't on display for you. Tell me this isn't so?
Gays were, are, and always will be here on this earth, but for some reason, now it's more of "our business" then say, many years ago. So, what exactly are we discussing here?
But homosexuality has been proven not to be a mental illness, so why do you claim that it is?
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Swamps of Florida
3,423 posts, read 6,673,810 times
Reputation: 1867
I'm not aware of the proof, so you're saying it's a life choice? I would like to hear it from gay people, if this is their choice to be gay. I will shut up and never talk about this again.
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 8,399,877 times
Reputation: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
But homosexuality has been proven not to be a mental illness, so why do you claim that it is?
Studies that are done by the ill are hardly proof of whether it is or isn't.

It is a spiritual illness, but then atheists don't believe in spirits so......

It's just a disease..

godspeed,

freedom
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 10,504,659 times
Reputation: 1540
Originally Posted by ShepsMom
Quote:
I'm not aware of the proof, so you're saying it's a life choice?
Is it your choice to be a heterosexual or bisexual?
 
Old 06-29-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,917 posts, read 11,582,833 times
Reputation: 5299
ShepsMom wrote:
Quote:
None of you would be talking about gay if it wasn't on display for you. Tell me this isn't so?
Gays were, are, and always will be here on this earth, but for some reason, now it's more of "our business" then say, many years ago. So, what exactly are we discussing here?
I think the reason that it's constantly in the media is the fact that gays and lesbians just want to live their lives like everybody else but there are a great many people, particularly evangelical Christians, who've put their anti-gay agenda at the top of the list and have been very active in every state in the union trying to promote legislation to deny them civil rights, ridicule and vilify them as human beings and to generally paint them as the destroyers of our society. And sadly they're generally successful in their legislation because this is one form of hatred and bigotry that is still acceptable in mainstream society. So what we're discussing here in my personal opinion is a moral issue. I don't believe that anyone chooses their sexual orientation, that's a ridiculous notion, and we're going through a turbulent period in our history in which long established religious beliefs are beings confronted with a modern, more realistic understanding of the nature of homosexuality and the result is a bitter dispute that has been raging for decades. I think the younger generation is much more accepting of homosexuality and I'm hopeful that at some point in the future that it won't be in the media because people won't even see it an an issue.
 
Old 06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Swamps of Florida
3,423 posts, read 6,673,810 times
Reputation: 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ShepsMom Is it your choice to be a heterosexual or bisexual?
Tricky, this is precisely my question, is it a choice?
 
Old 06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
 
242 posts, read 39,775 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Studies that are done by the ill are hardly proof of whether it is or isn't.

It is a spiritual illness, but then atheists don't believe in spirits so......

It's just a disease..

godspeed,

freedom
Of course, that must be it. I'm glad we have an authority on the complexity of sexuality posting in the Forums.
 
Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
 
242 posts, read 39,775 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I'm not aware of the proof, so you're saying it's a life choice? I would like to hear it from gay people, if this is their choice to be gay. I will shut up and never talk about this again.
I am gay, and it is not a choice, or else I wouldn't choose it.
 
Old 06-29-2008, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 8,399,877 times
Reputation: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Of course, that must be it. I'm glad we have an authority on the complexity of sexuality posting in the Forums.
That's just it, sexuality is not complex, until people start making it complex.

Male and Female fit perfectly.

Any other combination is not simple.

godspeed,

freedom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top