U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,808,697 times

Advertisements

The reason I'm bringing up this question is because I just noticed that the last post on the subforum was at 11:30 or so this morning and now it's almost 4:30, that's five hours without a single post. The main forum has had alot of activity. I've also noticed that the number of fairly active threads seems to be dwindling somewhat. I'd sure hate to see this subforum become so slow that they have second thoughts about why we even need to keep it. I think we could really have some interesting discussions about all sorts of atheist related topics when you consider how good some of the atheist and agnostic members are at writing intelligent posts. Anyway, now that we've got this subforum up and running we need to be more active and that includes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,491,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The reason I'm bringing up this question is because I just noticed that the last post on the subforum was at 11:30 or so this morning and now it's almost 4:30, that's five hours without a single post. The main forum has had alot of activity. I've also noticed that the number of fairly active threads seems to be dwindling somewhat. I'd sure hate to see this subforum become so slow that they have second thoughts about why we even need to keep it. I think we could really have some interesting discussions about all sorts of atheist related topics when you consider how good some of the atheist and agnostic members are at writing intelligent posts. Anyway, now that we've got this subforum up and running we need to be more active and that includes me.
Well, I'm not an atheist, but count me in it'd be a pity if this forum disappeared. I got an idea

Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM

2,008 posts, read 2,981,450 times
Well, from what i observe, the religion and political forum are usually pretty up and running because there is disagreement and some controversy if you will.

Here, we more or less agree on whatever we can post in here, thus there is less need to chime in as there is less we feel we need to put our two cents into.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:16 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,813,517 times
Originally Posted by cleatis
Quote:
Well, from what i observe, the religion and political forum are usually pretty up and running because there is disagreement and some controversy if you will.
I agree.
Why preach to the choir?
So you could hear an amen?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,283,652 times
I hate to say it but that was my concern when everyone voted on this sub-forum. Really... there is not much to talk about in terms of Atheism. We all don't believe in God - end of story. Oh, and some just aren't sure.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:43 PM

2,955 posts, read 6,748,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I hate to say it but that was my concern when everyone voted on this sub-forum. Really... there is not much to talk about in terms of Atheism. We all don't believe in God - end of story. Oh, and some just aren't sure.
Yeah, but that is why the forum is good. It doesn't have to be all discussion about atheism/agnosticism. It can be non-believers talking about Religion and Philosophy without having to sort through pages and pages of Bible quotes.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:48 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,813,517 times
Originally Posted by b. frank
Quote:
It can be non-believers talking about Religion and Philosophy without having to sort through pages and pages of Bible quotes.
I've had many discussions with some Christians who did not kept quoting the Bible.
Only the insecure religious people constantly quote the Bible.
Those who truly have faith can use genuine anecdotes of their own lives instead of a Bible quote.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 PM

2,955 posts, read 6,748,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by b. frankI've had many discussions with some Christians who did not kept quoting the Bible.
Only the insecure religious people constantly quote the Bible.
Those who truly have faith can use genuine anecdotes of their own lives instead of a Bible quote.

Of course not every Christian does that - especially not in real life.
I just get tired of it quickly - and it happens often enough on city data to make me weary. So, I'm happy if this forum provides less of that.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,283,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Yeah, but that is why the forum is good. It doesn't have to be all discussion about atheism/agnosticism. It can be non-believers talking about Religion and Philosophy without having to sort through pages and pages of Bible quotes.
I agree but I wish we would do it more often. I think that's what Montana was getting at.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,535,537 times
I just reckon all of CD has been a bit slow lately, the A&A subforum is not as active as say the relationship forum but 1000 times more than say the video game subforum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism