U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 04:46 AM

240 posts, read 433,667 times

Advertisements

101 Atheist Quotes - The Atheist Blogger

Quote:
32. You do not need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate. - Richard A. Weatherwax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:16 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,618,566 times
Not a quote from an Atheist, but sure is an eye opener on his religious values.??

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith . . . We need believing people."
Adolf Hitler.April 26, 1933, from a speech made during negotiations on the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of 1933.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,618,566 times
Here are a few more quotes, I am not sure if Voltaire was atheist or not, I would guess St. Augustine was not atheist:

“Lord make me chaste, but not yet” Saint Augustine

Voltaire is one of my favorite people in history. He had a quick dry whit, and gave us lots of good quotes.

“Man is free at the instant he wants to be”

“To hold a pen is to be at war”

“To pray to god is to flatter oneself that with words one can change nature”

“If god has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor”

“It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong”

“It is said that god is always on the side of the big battalion”

“God created sex, Priest created marriage”

“Is it any wonder there are atheist in the world when the church behaves so abominably”

Old 09-14-2008, 06:25 PM

271 posts, read 531,898 times
Very nice quotes i enjoyed them thank you.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 AM

225 posts, read 312,624 times
'Faith is believing what you know ain't so'
-Mark Twain

One of my favorites. It really points out the cognitive dissonance and willful abandonment of logic brought on by faith.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM

348 posts, read 459,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles View Post
'Faith is believing what you know ain't so'
-Mark Twain

One of my favorites. It really points out the cognitive dissonance and willful abandonment of logic brought on by faith.
"The bible - the story of Jehova's love affair with himself"...

Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM

4,047 posts, read 4,484,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Not a quote from an Atheist, but sure is an eye opener on his religious values.??

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith . . . We need believing people."
Adolf Hitler.April 26, 1933, from a speech made during negotiations on the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of 1933.
Sounds like something Bush would say.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,101,849 times
God is as real as I am," he assured me; thus, my faith was restored, for I knew Santa would never lie.

Religious suffering is, at the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
Karl Marx

Old 11-07-2008, 11:49 AM

5,127 posts, read 10,257,406 times
Great ones

here are a couple more

"It is said that men may not be the dreams of the Gods, but rather that the Gods are the dreams of men."
Carl Sagan

"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." The Age of Reason
Thomas Paine

forum rules, please read them

Old 11-07-2008, 11:55 AM

521 posts, read 806,881 times
"You deny the existance of 999 alleged Gods. I merely deny one more - yours."
John MacKinnon Robertson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism